Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerpoint presentation

hello,

I have 2 powerpoint presentations I need on my site.

I have read www.boutell.com and followed their instructions with one PP presentation, and the folder is on the FTP manager exrawstate_ss_urbanwear.

My site pages are PHP.

1) How can I use/integrate my presentation onto my 'products' page? (Ideally I want a front picture that when a user clicks on it opens up the PP presentation)

check out www.extremehype.co.uk/products.php
    If I cannot use php for this how do I go about changing that individual page to allow the power point to be integrated. I am now getting confused with this one.

Please, in clear step by step stages, would be helpful.

Thanks

Re: powerpoint presentation

Hi Dive Diva,

You can have a look at this. Click PowerPoint to open a similar thread.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thanks for that advice. I have read that thread and am interested in what Lady Eye has said.

I have used the Open Office programme and have converted one of my Power Point presentations as folder exrawstate_ss_urbanwear, and have loaded it up via FTP. I have a photo on the page with a click link to www.extremehype.co.uk/exrawstate_ss_urbanwear Now I can get the presentation to work, but to get to it via a nasty looking page with 'Click here to start' and the 'table of contents' listed along the left hand side - it does nothing to enhance the look of my site!!! Is it possible to click and open up the PP without this horrible page?

Also, LadyEye mentioned using windows media player and uploading each page onto that and converting the file. Which system, do you know, gives the better quality finish??

If you can help that may save me some time trying it out!

MAny thanks for your assistance so far!

Comment

Okay, I do not have the Open Office, so I cannot comment on that. Yes that page of yours look terrible.

The description I gave you in that other thread converts the enire PP into an html page and even if a visitor does not have PP loaded, he/she will still be able to see your converted PP. I have tested this and it works quite good.

BUT, if you want to take the JPEG route, than this is no problem. To convert the PP to JPEG, just do the following:
        1. Open the PP presentation.
        2. Click File >> Save As.
        3. For the "Save as Type" just select JPEG.
        4. When prompted, click the Every Slide button. Each slide is now converted to JPEG images,

I hope this is what you needed to hear.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

I only use the movie maker. the thing to remember is that you must choose the "best quality" when making the movie. you can see a sample of this with the following links:
          www.videopostcards.info/weddings.html
          www.videopostcards.info/mulligans.html
          with this option you can add music or talk over the pictures. plus everyonw has the ability to watch your presentation. the movie starts out by itself without a long upload time.
          hope this helps,
          www.mrmagoo144
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
          X