search engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search engines

hi, my site doesnt have a heap of information on it. i have added all (i think) of the relevent words into the meta tags but it doesnt come up in any search engines. is it just because it's a new site? or do i have to submit anything to the search engines? or have i done something wrong? please let me know :) any help is appreciated.
    www.sportsterriderssa.com
    jess

Re: search engines

Hi, with the se’s, think of making the site in reverse. When I say this, it needs a nice list of the words & phrases that you or a visitor would put in lets say a Google search box to find your site. Now you have a list of words, incorporate these keywords into the content of your page. ( You will know best on what these keywords may be) Now add these key words to the k/word area in properties. Don’t add key words in the properties unless its within the content of the page. This should also be individual to each page you make.
    Once you are happy with the site, pop a support ticket into VH & they will list you for free to all the major se’s. (This is a one time only offer as part of your VH account)

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

great thanks heaps!

Comment

sorry, umm... just another question, once i have submitted this ticket, will i be able to edit my keywords? or will se's not pick them up afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by jessyh89 View Post
          sorry, umm... just another question, once i have submitted this ticket, will i be able to edit my keywords? or will se's not pick them up afterwards?
          ANY and ALL changes you make to your site at ANY time will always get picked up by the serach engines at some point yes.

and yes you can make any changes you want after your site has been submitted. : - )
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

And the se's aren't going to pay attention to the keywords you put in the meta - they are going to pay attention to the words on the site itself - and the title. And if/when they deem you worthy to give up in a search, there is a good chance most of them will use your meta description - so make sure you do the title and description for each page - different for each page.

And maybe you should read the ebook in my signature. It might help you. Remember, no one page can be important for too many different keyword phrases- you need multiple pages to do them justice.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X