mp3 help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3 help!

Okay I am new to this whole website thing so please bare with me. You'll probably see a lot of me on these boards. What I want to do is have a couple pages with mp3s that people can download. How would I go about doing this using BV. One more thing I want for people to be able to play the songs to in lo-fi hi-fi with option to DL. PLeeease Help

Re: mp3 help!

Hi,
    I don't have a direct answer for your quandary, but have you searched these forums? It seems I remember similar questions in the recent past. Try keywords:mp3,download,music, etc., just as if Googling.

Good luck,

Comment

alright well thanks for atleast for responding. Does anyone else here have any knowledge about the above? It would sure help. I"ve googled and googled. I'm ready to google my brains out.

Comment

Deadmic-
        First - per the TOS (terms of service) with BV, you may only have mp3's on your site if you own them or have been given exclusive rights to have or sell them.

Now- to list an mp3 for playing and download, simply create a link to it. Lets say your mp3 is named mysong.mp3 Then to link to it simply create the link like so;
        http: //www.yoursite.com/mysong.mp3

Now when people want to hear it they simply have to click on it and it will load to their temp internet files and play with their music player on their computer (like WMP). If they wish to download it to a folder or disc, they simply have to right click on it and choose save to computer.

If you want it so they can click on a player housed on your site and play from your site- then have a look here:

Also you could look here for an even better example;

Hope that helps.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

yea andy that helps alot but one question I still have is, lets say I have a file named mysong.mp3...do I upload to the ftp folder on BV. I don't have my site hosted yet i'm just working on it. Now is there a limit as to how many songs i can have on my site. I was looking at putting a hundred or so up for DL. Also, Any songs of mine I put up I own the rights to them, and/or have permission from the songs owner in some cases such as the producer. I look for to hearing from you and others thx for all the help so far.

Comment

Yes- you would upload each song to the server. For organization purposes, I would create a folder to put them in on the server and name it something simple like songs

Then to upload them to the folder on the server you would simple put songs at the end of the public_html. So it would look like this:
            public_html/songs

Then to link to that it would be:
            http: //www.mysite.com/songs/mywhateversong.mp3

And with BV you have plenty of room. With 600 gigs of storage space I'd say you could put roughly 17,000 songs

Cheers-
            Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
            X