Image resizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image resizing

This is a very basic question, but I am new to this.
    When resizing an image how do you keep the proportions or constrain proportions?

Re: Image resizing

Hi JGeri,

Go here for a great post explaining all!

Good luck,

Comment

Thanks Mike. I can use Photoshop for resizing images. I just want to resize the image on the BlueVoda page by dragging on the handles but keep contraint/proportions the same.

Comment

I worked it out! You placee curser over corner handle press alt then left click, hold down and drag. I was left clicking then pressing alt.

Comment

Not working!
          If I open a new page, insert an image, grab corner handle and drag it keeps proportions. On the page I have set up with a background image when I place an image the propportions are not kept when I drag. This is confusing. I will have to play around a bit more to see if I can nut it out. Maybe someone can help me with an answer.

Comment

It's the bottom right handle that resizes and keeps constraints. The other handles don't.

Comment

just a word of advice, I would follow the advice in the first response from mwalsh. If you just pull the handles you are not resizing the picture to obtain the best upload speed, seo etc.... It's the rookies way of getting the picture right - try the professional way as described by Collector post.
              Just my opinion.
              mrmagoo144
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
                just a word of advice, I would follow the advice in the first response from mwalsh. If you just pull the handles you are not resizing the picture to obtain the best upload speed, seo etc.... It's the rookies way of getting the picture right - try the professional way as described by Collector post.
                Just my opinion.
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info
                NOT QUITE

If you "re-size" or re-shape in any manner whatsoever by manually manipulating your image using the toggles, you will undoubtedly create distortion and false image pixelation, which is immediately obvious and totally tacky.

If, however, you use a photo editor to resize an image simply by entering numbers (values) in the width/height fields, not only will you get a perfectly sized (and proportioned if you select ratio) image without any distortion or image faults.
                >> Additionally, by re-sizing images in this manner, your file size will automatically be compressed for optimal use, THUS the faster loads and proper presentations in visitor's browsers.
                Adding ALT tags and good titles aids to develop pre-optimization to your images, which is a way to convert potential SE liability (images are usually "dead" or subject to metric pendalties if not properly formatted) into a positive!

Note I used the term "pre-optimization" ...... I think far too many BV users are lulled into thinking that if they do a few things with regard to filling in fields, titling images, sweating over key words and the like truly constitutes "optimization" of their website ----- sorry to disappoint you, but this is but a foundation of all that it takes to transform your website into the Perfect Page model with relevance and compliance added to begin the real nuts and bolts of SEO..... Yesterday's SEO advice does not always apply to today's internet!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X