need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

Sorry for my english,I hope you will understand me.
    I changed my domain name.I went to Fantastico and download Soho.I entered to Soho admin pannel,it was all OK.Then I restored backup in Voda,but when I came back to Soho admin pannel,didn't work anymore.I can't see the icons,templates ....
    Somebody can tell me what do I have ti do,please?Thanks!

Re: need help

UMMMM.. you cant use the voda backup to restore it, you have to do this within soho. Use soho's backup and restore. The voda restore will restore only your whole server as it was before, and before the domain change.

If you havent already deleted the old one, go there to do the backup, then go to the new one and restore.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      UMMMM.. you cant use the voda backup to restore it, you have to do this within soho. Use soho's backup and restore. The voda restore will restore only your whole server as it was before, and before the domain change.

If you havent already deleted the old one, go there to do the backup, then go to the new one and restore.

Karen
      I did it Karen,first a did the soho backup,but it said can't read the file,so I did voda backup.

Comment

Atina
        How did u do it? You have to log in to soho and do it from the soho panel.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Yes Karen,i did it,when my domain name was changed,I went to Soho,and I did restore backup,but it said couldn't read the file.
          I tried to install oscommerce,and it's the same thing,even there I can't see icons and images.I don't know what to do...I think I need to reset my account from scratch anothertime.I'm so sadddddddddddd!!!! I lost all what I've done untill now!!
          Thanks Karen for your help.

Comment

In the future, you should go into your database and download the cart_product files as this is the most critical file. The rest can be done fairly easily from scratch. I think the issue is that when you changed the domain names, the backup file didnt read the same source, so the config settings were different. There is also a MOVE tool in the soho panel so that when you move from one server to another, or one domain to another it will do that for you, its in the webmaster area.

If you have NOW installed oscommerce in it, youve really made a mess and an account reset will be your solution. If they can back up your previous soho, go get the products file, then try again, when you get soho running go to the database management and system files and IMPORT that product file. You will also have to reup your pictures but this can be done quickly via ftp.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,my account it's been restored . I'm going to build my website from scratch again,I'm not going to restore backup,because I'm afraid that happens like yesterday :((
              I have another question...I can build my website in italian language,but in shopping cart it is still all in english language.What should I do to change into italian language?Thanks a lot!

Comment

Atina

At one time they had some translations done, but I dont know what happened to them, perhaps the owners didnt update them to the new versions etc etc.

The only thing ive ever been able to find on this subject was in the wiki about how to translate it and submit it to them, so for now, its only in english and norwegian. You can check here tho:

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

OK,thaks a lot Karen.

Comment

Working...
                  X