Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button apperas differnt in the Menu form using IE vs Mozzila

Hello my website is www.vullcanairbrush.com
    I have a question about my "GO" button in my menu form .
    On my homepage the "Go" buttons look the same in Mozilla Firefox but different in IE can somebody tell me how to correct this?

Iwas told this is Naval's expertise as this would be a form type adjustment...Thanks
    Sinisa

Re: Button apperas differnt in the Menu form using IE vs Mozzila

The problem is that the second button for the search option is defined in the css style class. Changing it may make the search function not work - depending how it is called up buy the program searchpro.

But for the sake of testing- lets give this a try. First- print out the source code for the page so we can return it if need be.

Now- I assume that searchpro gave you some code to past into the page. I would also assume you placed it in an html box. So open the page in BV and then click on the box that contains that code. It should look like the following;
    <!-- Start of Site Search Pro code --><style type="text/css">.sp2_field {border: 1px solid #406895;background-color: #ffffff;font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;color: #000000;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;
    }.sp2_btn {border: 1px ringe #000000;font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;color: #000000;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;
    }a.sp2_title:link,a.sp2_title:active,a.sp2_title:v isited {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #7777cc;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;
    }a.sp2_title:hover {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:underline;color: #7777cc;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;
    }.sp2_result {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #000000;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;
    }.sp2_select {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #990000;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;
    }.sp2_address {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #008000;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;
    }.sp2_page {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #000000;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;
    }a.sp2_page:link,a.sp2_page:active,a.sp2_page:visi ted {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:underline;color: #000000;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;
    }a.sp2_page:hover {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #000000;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;
    }.sp2_nowpage {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #a90a08;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;
    }</style>
    <form action="http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/searchpro" method="get" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" name="qs" id="qs">
    <table border="0" align="center" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">
    <tr><td><input class="sp2_field" name="q" type="text" id="q" value="" maxlength="255"></td>
    <td><input class="sp2_btn" name="btn" type="submit" id="btn2" value="Go"></td></tr>
    </table></form>
    <!-- End of Site Search Pro code --></div>
    In the above- delete the blue and replace the red with "button"

Save and Publish

See if that works. ALSO TEST THE SEARCH FUNCION. If not- restore to its original

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thank you Andy,
      I have tried but it the look is still the same as before .

Here is the source code I have currently ( the search function seems to be working though ) :

<!-- Start of Site Search Pro code --><style type="text/css">.sp2_field {border: 1px solid #406895;background-color: #ffffff;font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;color: #000000;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;
      }.sp2_btn {border: 1px ringe #000000;font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;color: #000000;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;
      }a.sp2_title:link,a.sp2_title:active,a.sp2_title:v isited {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #7777cc;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;
      }a.sp2_title:hover {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:underline;color: #7777cc;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;
      }.sp2_result {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #000000;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;
      }.sp2_select {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #990000;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;
      }.sp2_address {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #008000;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;
      }.sp2_page {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #000000;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;
      }a.sp2_page:link,a.sp2_page:active,a.sp2_page:visi ted {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:underline;color: #000000;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;
      }a.sp2_page:hover {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #000000;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;
      }.sp2_nowpage {font-family:Arial;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;color: #a90a08;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;
      }</style>
      <form action="http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/searchpro" method="get" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" name="qs" id="qs">
      <table border="0" align="center" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">
      <tr><td><input name="q" type="text" id="q" value="" maxlength="255"></td>
      <td><input class="sp2_btn" name="btn" type="button" id="btn2" value="Go"></td></tr>
      </table></form>
      <!-- End of Site Search Pro code --></div>

Thanks again!
      Sinisa

Comment

It appears that you did not delete the blue part from the line as I had indicated ( class="sp2_btn" ). Give that a try and then save and publish.

Also- when you get to the page- hit F5 a few times to make sure that a fresh page is loaded.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy you are awesome!,
          I did it and it looks great!!!!
          So happy....Thanks a bunch!
          Sinisa
          PS. I did erase the blue but it did not do it it properly...anyway, thank you!

Comment

You are very welcome. Glad I was able to help.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
            X