Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First website dont be to harsh...... :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First website dont be to harsh...... :-)

Ok so here it is........this was created by my wife with my help and of course the kids!!! LOL. This was built from the love of photograpghy from my wife and to share some of the experiences of the children. There is more to come.......movie clips will be added later. Enjoy!!!

http://www.shining-explorers.com

Thanks in advance!!!!

Shams

Re: First website dont be to harsh......

Hi, your off to a great start. Couple of things that may help with the lay out. You have a nice simple front page (which I think is good on an image site) & got a great picture of the 2 boys. But when the page opens they are cut in half. Would be nice to have a full view, more so for an opening page. The only other thing was a couple of slow loading pages which is really down to images.
    Be nice to have a theme through out the site, like the front page or your favorites. These are good colors for showing images. But on the other side, it may be a bit boring for the younger ones.lol

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

HI Shams.
      love your site, great fun for the family!

Do you notice how your pages finish reght at the very end of the photograph, or bottom element of the page?
      To avoid this, insert a text box below your last element. It doesn't matter what you put in it, could just be a period, in the same color as your background, even. But what it does is make a sort of invisible last line, so that your actual image or bottom element is raised a little bit,

Just a thought.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Lovely site. Nice pics, cute kids, great photography.. No need to discuss website optimisation for this type of site as I am understanding this is just something personal for you and your family.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for the comments and advice........i will pass the suggestions on to the boss. LOL. Its amazing how much knowledge goes around this site plus the plethera of tutorials. It makes really easy to create something.

Again thanks to all who posted!!!!

Shams

Comment

Nice,
            -Might want to check spelling , found a couple of "thier" (Cox Farm page) and a few others. Also an overlap "Dudes...suits"
            -Even though its a family site, consider page titles.

Lot of fun : - )
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

What a lovely idea. I did click on movies and the link was not found, check your link and keep adding to it as you go along.

Paul
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk
              The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
              Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
              Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Hey great site shams

I know my kids loved it when I put their photos on one of my previous websites. Puts a smile on their face. Great job, well done.
                Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi Shams,

Great idea for a site, looks good in FF, I am on dial up so couldn't really comment on the loading speed, but I see one of the kids likes golf.
                  Well done keep up the good work.

Regards
                  Mike
                  Golfnut

Comment

Hi Shams,

Looks great ... I bet the kids are rapt!

I found a few text boxes loaded outside of the underlying shape towards the bottom of the Cox's Farm page.

Cheers,
                    Mark Barnes

mvb@tsn.cc
                    www.futuristicpromotions.com

Comment

You know I think that it's great to see a family finding the inspiration to do something like this together, awesome!
                      Maybe try the pix-resizer to speed up the picture downloads, it's easy.

Cheers, Shane.

www.huavco.com

Comment

Working...
                      X