Wrong page name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong page name

I posted the following question on the general issues forum and have gotten not response, so I decided that I had posted to the wrong forum. I have carefully reviewed the hsitorical posts and haven't found a similiar issue. My problem reposted here is:

I have a problem with the name appearing on the title of my newly cerated forum page. The parent domain is synergysolutions-tx.com. The addon domain is eggsinmypocket.com. When I created the forum in php882 I installed the following domain name eggsinmypocket.synergysolutions-tx.com. The url shown on the php882 installation page is http://eggsinmypocket.synergysolutions-tx.com/Forum

Now the link from my pages, as yet unpublished, works in preview but the name that appears on the forum title when the forum page comes up is Synergy Solutions - TX . I need the title to be Egg in My Pocket. What have I done wrong and how do I fix it.

John

Re: Wrong page name

Admin panel
    under General Admin
    click Configuration
    To the right of Site name change the contents of the text box.
    press submit
    Bobs your uncle

you may have to reinstall to change the url or copy the complete forum folder into the new domain.
    mind you i would recommend going to phpbb.com and checking out the phpbb3 as the phpbb2 you are using will soon be obsolete

Comment

Alien:

Thanks for the instruction on how to make the change. Forgive the lack of understanding but I don't know what I did wrong in the first place so I have no more idea what to change when I go throught your access method. What should I put in the site name and how do I reinstall? Any guidance you might offer would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Alien:

Well after stumbling around blind for hours and now having no real understanding of how I stumbled into the administration page for the froum I have successfully changed the name. I am sure for those that are familiar with this system you suggestions were very accurate. For those of us that haven't a clue it was like tell a blind man you walk straight to the pole and then turn left until you get to the river. Too bad if you can't find the pole.

John

Comment

Working...
        X