Help width alignment in phpbb forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help width alignment in phpbb forum

o.k. basically, I wanted to shrink the size of my forum so I went into my cpanel under overall_header.tpl and made changes to the width size, those changes seem to make a difference on everybody's computer but mine,

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" border="0" align="center">

<td class="bodyline"><table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">

I'll change the %'s --they change in other some computers but not mine?

I deleted the cache, tools>advanced>cache>clear now. I don't see cache under privacy. I'm using Firefox. Still got a Width bar. Do you see a Width bar http://healthygoodfood.com/forum. You should see the forum and 4 160 x 600 banners on both sides without a width bar?
    Why am I still seeing a Width bar???

Re: Help width alignment in phpbb forum

OK. THE PROBLEM WAS the adsense 780 x 60 was not allowing the forum to shrink.

Comment

Well it's been a while since i concentrated on phpbb2 but editing the overall_header will work to extent but will only run into problems, the lines <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" border="0" align="center"> and <td class="bodyline"><table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"> appear in more then just the overall_header, viewtopic_body.tpl and viewforum_body.tpl just to name a couple. problem you will have can be seen here on your forum, http://healthygoodfood.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5 manly happens when images are inserted on to the forum.

Comment

thank you for the reply, I'll pass that on to the person what was trying to do it. btw, that is some fantastic stuff you got on on those links WOW. Do you deal with smf forums too, I seem to be having trouble with installing an adsense mod the the new 1.1.4 version....

Comment

ah smf forums now that's a name i have not heard in a while, installed one once and they had some really nice looking skins which once you figured out how to install was pretty easy. i would of thought that moding them should be not hard if they come with a install.txt. it not a forum that i can say i am up to scratch on as people tend to go with phpBB or vBulletin but i might install one just to see what has changed.

Comment

cool, I certainly need help to installing an adsense mod, in that way i can have the adsense mod which would enable me to have the installer put them up and then with that up I was told by him that I could also but banners up and shrink it's size as well. It is HERE

Comment

Ok after finding bugs after installing, i have finally managed to install the smf forum, skin it and add the adsense. HERE . One question for you did you install through fantastico.

Comment

You do have to register to get to see the adds, also depending on which skin you use if they will show, this is why it set to the default skin and not the one i put on.

Comment

Working...
                X