problem with nav bar in firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with nav bar in firefox

Hello. I am a newbie at this! Just got my first website up and running (www.missiontriptraining.com). Works great in IE.
    But In Firefox...once you get past the home page, the nav bar will not work to go back to the home page. The jump menu will...but not the nav bar. Any suggestions?
    Also...all of the pages (except my home page) are a little off-center, to the left. I've checked all the width and centered everything. And the pages work fine in IE.
    Help!
    Thanks...

Re: problem with nav bar in firefox

Hi,

Did you happen to publish your home page twice? Once as "index.html" once as just .com/?

All of your links work in FF except "Home", this due to your home page's address reads "http://www.missiontriptraining.com/", and links are to "http://www.missiontriptraining.com/index.html". FF seems to only look up the .com/, if I am correct. I'm pretty new at this, but it is my best guess.

And the page transitions are only available in IE.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!
      I've always published my home page as index, just as the tutorial told me to! If FF doesn't read it that way....what do I need to do? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?
      Thanks...

Comment

Hi not sure, but what I believe Mike is saying is that when you type the url for the link for your home page to use only your http://www.missiontriptraining.com (as opposed to adding index.html at the end of that for the home page)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I switched the link for the home page (on the training-products page) to just ".com" - and the nav bar still did not work in firefox.
          When I created a sitemap last night, I did notice that I do have a home page with just .com and one with .com/html
          I'm not sure how that happened...I am new at this. How do I fix it?
          Thanks...

Comment

Hi, is there any chance a text box or another element is pulled across the page & over the top of the menu.
            Or try right clicking menu & bringing the to the front.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

It worked! Making sure that the nav bars on each page was moved to the front...worked!
              Thank you so much!!!

Comment

Working...
              X