Changing from Blue Voda to Soho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing from Blue Voda to Soho

I have an established website I built using VH (www.comic-art-ink.com), but due to the nature of my site and growth I now need to change to an ecommerce site. I really need the shopping cart and check out features! I am confident after everthing that I have read that Soho will fullfill my needs, but....
    Since I've spent so much time and effort building my site, if I change to Soho can any of the site I've built be used in the Soho built site? I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find where.
    I've used JAlbum to display much of the images/products on my site and they have a skin Photoplayer that has a shopping cart function, but if I can use one that already comes with myVH account and don't have to pay the additional license fees...
    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Joe

Re: Changing from VH to Soho

Joe,
    If you move to Soho, you'll be rebuilding. You could also consider using a cart that you add to the BV site - take a look at my stores in my signature - I'm using CartManager. It's not free, though, if that's imortant to you. There is a free version of Mal's Ecommerce which works similar. And you can also use paypal.

It would be very easy to add the buy buttons to your site as it is now.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Beth, I like your sites. Cost is a concern, so I would prefer something that I can use without more expenditure. Another question that might seem dumb, but does the inventory (product) show as sold or unavailable when someone moves something from the site to their cart? I ask because I sell one-of-a-kind items and when they are gone they are gone.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Well unless you use paypal as your merchant account, theres cost involved with using soho. Mals ecommerce does have a freebie that you can add to your bv site and i think u can do inventory.. not sure.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Can l change my site to soho, ? And pls how can l do it? l am just new in this so l will be very happly if some one can help me.
          complete account reset
          freeman,
          thank you.

Comment

Re: Changing from Blue Voda to Soho

freeman?

Is this your main domain or an addon domain? If its the main its probably easier to put in a support ticket for an account reset and then have them install soho for you.. or have them reset and you install it via fantastico.

If you have other domains tho .. you will lose them with the reset. If you know what you are doing you can delete all the bv files yourself. If this is an addon domain, then delete the addon, and re add it, then install soho in the CLEAN directory.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

KAREN, thank you very much.

Comment

Youre welcome.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X