Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If More Than One Form?

Hey,

It was very useful to read here and then create a form. And it's great to see it's working...
    I've created one form but I want to create more forms.I know I have to name the "action" page as "action".. But for more than one form how can I name the page as the same name? I can't use "action" for the others I think...It would be great if you can help me...
    Feyza

www.sesan.org
    Self Representing Art Workers

Re: What If More Than One Form?

Your action page that contains the php script to process the form, in certain instances, be used to process more than one form.

For instance, using this php script:
    <?PHP
    $mailto = "youremail@yourdomain.com";
    $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
    if ($email == "") {
    $email = $mailto;
    }
    $mailsubj = "Type your mail subject here";
    $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
    {
    if ($key!="submit")
    {
    $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
    }
    }
    mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
    ?>
    This script can process many different forms. It is generic php script designed to take each key and value of each form field and mail it to your email address. Therefore you can have form1, form2 form3 form4 etc..... and each would be processed by the action.php page. So in each form, the action would indeed be set to action.php.

Hope that explains it.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy but I think I should be more clear so you can help me better.

The first step after creating a form page is opening a new page (that's thank you page) named "action" . Then In this page I copy and paste the script and give an e-mail adress in the "mailto:" area and subject to "mailsubj" area and so on..Save the page as "action" and close it.

Now for the second form, after creating the form page and save it;

(If wrong tell me the steps please)

*Open a new page and that's the "thank you" page..
      *Then insert the html script and edit the e-mail adress and subject...
      *And at last save the page as "action"

That's all I know...But I can't name the page cause there's already a page named "action"

I'm realy confused...
      Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

Form1 going to email-1 action = action.php
        copy php script into action.php page and change e-mail address to one you want sent to.

Now- if Form2 is also going to email-1........... then you could keep the action as action.php and it would utilize the same php script to process the info and send it along to you.

But if each Form's info is being sent to a seperate e-mail address, then we have to do something different. The easiest is to create a thankyou page for each form. Form1 .......action1.php, Form2..........action2.php, Form3.......action3.php etc.......

Then all you would have to do in each of the forms is match the action to the form.

Does that help?

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128 View Post
          Form1 going to email-1 action = action.php
          copy php script into action.php page and change e-mail address to one you want sent to.

Now- if Form2 is also going to email-1........... then you could keep the action as action.php and it would utilize the same php script to process the info and send it along to you.

But if each Form's info is being sent to a seperate e-mail address, then we have to do something different. The easiest is to create a thankyou page for each form. Form1 .......action1.php, Form2..........action2.php, Form3.......action3.php etc.......

Then all you would have to do in each of the forms is match the action to the form.

Does that help?

Andy

Yes,each Form's info is being sent to a seperate e-mail address...

Thank you, that is what I needed...I understand how to do it and I hope I can...I'll try it...

Thanx again...
          Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

Working...
          X