SSL Certificate & Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL Certificate & Logo

I have paid Vodahost to provide and install me a unique IP address and a SSL certificate. They have installed the certificate and have forwarded a gif of the Rapid SSL logo and said that is my responsibility to install. I have added the gif to images and include/english/images to play safe as I did not know which file to put them in and yet I still cannot see any logo neither can I see any padlock nor any https. Please can you advise how to get the Rapid SSL certificate logo to show to the customers and where exactly I should see the padlock and the https. Vodahost are just refering me to the forum where I cannot find the answers.

Re: SSL Certificate & Logo

Liz

If you didnt get my email, go to www.charmingnoveltees.com and see what i did with the rapid ssl logo. I <cough> borrowed it from Rapid :) It works, in case your customer wants to see your certificate.

You will know its ssl by the https header in your browser, when you click your padlock.. on the bottom in ie 6.. i think is in the tool bar on 7 your cert will pop up. Now ssl wont kick until you are in the cart checkout and you have to tell your cart where to find the ssl (the path) usually its just www.yoursitedomain.com or without the www however you asked for it to be installed. Just type in the browser https://www.yoursitedomain.com and you will see if its working or not.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: SSL Certificate &amp; Logo

Thanks Karen i got your mail but been really hectic this evening I have got the htttps bit working but am having problems with the permissions on one of the files, it had to be changed to trigger the SSl in and now will not chnage back to unwriteable so have had to raise a ticket and hope somebody gets to it soon.

Thanks again

Liz#

Comment

Liz, this may be a file you have to change yourself in the includes. Download it to your computer, change it, then load it back up. It SHOULD be protected and unwriteable on your site. Im sure if you read the docs it tells you how to set the path to the ssl, and this most likely will change the file that is giving you the error. Not sure, but thats how it works on my other sites. Never got as far as installing ssl on osc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen been trying with no success

Comment

Liz..

Dunno if this helps, but i found this when i was skirting about for something else.

SSL related! - Hi! I compiled a document about SSL and osCommerce, but I think that it needs to be reviewed/commented by the community and eventually to be completed/corrected/adapted! I have pasted it in this message! I compiled a small tutorial about SSL and added some osC specific instructions. I also want t...

It lays out how to do the ssl in your storefront once its installed etc..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen

I think I got most of it worked out now.

My latest problem in Express checkout wont work with zone shipping only flat rate shipping and that isn't practical for me. Got to wait for an amendement to a module from PayPal to get that working apparently. I cant believe I'm the only one to use zone shipping.

regards

Comment

Liz do a search for addon modules.. you shouldnt have to have this done thru paypal but before you even send charges to them.. heres one for example

If you are looking for a reliable hosting provider to look after your website hosting, then look no further. We have been offering hosting services since 2005 and pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and great value for money.

I keep preaching that osc is FREE cuz the developers make the bucks off the addons.. LOLOL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen for the suggestion. At present I am not paying any extra for the addons. PayPal have decided it is a bug they need to fix for free but just dont know how long it will take them to track it down. The thing that surprises me is that out of the hundreds/thousands that use both oscommerce and PayPal that this bug hasn't been located or documented before! Surely I am not the only person to use zone shipping.

Comment

Liz..

People use the addons. Generally speaking your merchant account and processor doesnt handle your shipping, thats not what you pay them for.. so dont hold your breath waiting for paypal to do it. Theres different prices for addons, you might even find some that are free, and some that you might have to modify. Make sure when you are speaking of paypal, that you arent confusing the standard with the pro. Because the pro processes on site, its a merchant account, so i think you are going to find.. its going to have to be done site level. Paypal standard has the shipping table, because you use the paypal buttons for checkout and on their server and they calculate the table shipping there. So i think you are confusing what the different type accounts do. I doubt that they would modify just to accomodate osc on the pro version.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

By the way, paypal express is part of payments standard and offered as a second payment option when you have pro. It sends them to login to their paypal account to pay for the purchase, instead of the option to pay by credit card, as you have that on site. It clearly states that SHIPPING is part of the stored information it recieves from your site and is not added seperately or additionally at this payment point.

This means that you must SEND this info to paypal with your customer via the browser, so that info will need to come from your store, just like your previous store did. Your shipping in short, will be configured in your store front and not at paypal. In order to process on your site via credit cards etc on pro the shipping needs to be added there so the correct amount reflects in their cc submission.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                      X