Description problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Description problems...

Michigan, Little Bay de Noc, Fishing Charters, Captain, Ron Brooks ...
    Michigan, Little Bay de Noc, Fishing Charters, Captain, Ron Brooks, Bay de Noc,
    walleye, wisconsin waters and woods, john gillespie, reel ez charters,upper ...
    www.reelezcharters.net/ - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

This is what you see if you search google I changed the description on my page properties and published it. Does it take some time to refresh the info or am I stuck looking foolish?

PS when you search Reel EZ Charters this doesn't come up but if you run them together I'm first on the page?????
    Thanks in Advance

Angel

Re: Description problems...

Hi,

Great looking website. Your changes will take time to filter through the Google Bots, it isn't instant. As for "Reel EZ Charters" this again will take time to register as a key word phrase. Taking a look at your home page a couple of suggestions. Firstly think about why the need for the name of the business "Reel EZ Charters" to register with Google. People who already know your name will surley type it into the browser, they won't need to search for you. What you really need is for people who have never heard of you and are searching generally for a fishing trip to find you. So do some home work on the most popular key words and phrases. There is plenty of software out there that will tell you how many times a particular term is searched and how many websites are already targeting these phrases. The clever guys find key words and phrases that have perhaps been overlooked but are still generating lots of traffic (in other words no one is tapping into it)

When you have worked out these phrases you need to build them into the content of your pages. For instance that opening paragraph on your home page should be teeming with keywords and phrases. For instance if you decide a good keyword phrase would be "fishing trips in Michigan" You would build sentences around this (don't just repeat it , thats spamming) So it might go something like,

"We operate exculsive fishing trips in Michigan all year round. Many people believe that fishing trips in Michigan represent excellent value and the catch on our fishing trips is generally always good. If you are considering a fishing trip in Michigan why not give us a call"

You will see from the above example that I have mentioned it three times in just one paragraph. If you have other keyword phrases you can mix and match and really make it interesting.

Aim for a maximium of 11 repeats of each keyword or phrase per page, I did this recently for one of my websites and I'm now sitting at No 10 for a very good traffic catching term. Build lots of extra pages with keyword rich content, in this case it's easy because you could give lot's of info about techniques, the fish and the art of catching them, build a big websites with lots of free info and this will bring far more customers and Google will put you at the top.

Hope it helps
    Paul
    Oscommerce sites : www.nutritionzone.co.uk
    www.aromaskincare.co.uk
    www.thebirthbox.com

Comment

So use my index page like a bill board of key phrases. These will be visable not like the meta tags or description. Hmmmm...I'll work on that. Does every page need meta tags and description?
      Last edited by VodaHost; 12-03-2005, 04:44 PM.
      Thanks in Advance

Angel

Comment

Hi,

Yes it does, metatags is not enough, the content on each page has to be keyword rich too. But it doesn't all have to be done right away. If you make changes and additions, Google Bots will pick up on it each time it visits. In fact websites that have additional keyword rich content each time it visits, I sure rank higher.

Good Luck

Paul
        Oscommerce sites : www.nutritionzone.co.uk
        www.aromaskincare.co.uk
        www.thebirthbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by reelezcharters
          Michigan, Little Bay de Noc, Fishing Charters, Captain, Ron Brooks ...
          Michigan, Little Bay de Noc, Fishing Charters, Captain, Ron Brooks, Bay de Noc,
          walleye, wisconsin waters and woods, john gillespie, reel ez charters,upper ...
          www.reelezcharters.net/ - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

This is what you see if you search google I changed the description on my page properties and published it. Does it take some time to refresh the info or am I stuck looking foolish?

PS when you search Reel EZ Charters this doesn't come up but if you run them together I'm first on the page?????

Paulb is correct in several respects. I like your site and I love fishing. Keywords are becoming less imprtant nowadays, in fact I do not think googlebots even look at them. But Yahoo and msn still do I think. Anyway I took a glance at your key words. The optimal character length should be around 200. I pulled you key words into micro word it counted 403 characters. I also noticed spaces after the comma. For example, boat, fish,rod its better to leave no space between keywords just the comma. The best way to pick out keywords is to write your content in a honest manner, meanning do not write for search engines, then go back and use the keywords from your content. This I found works best and its honest.

Meta description is important because it describes your page.

Happy Fishing! pet121

Comment

Working...
          X