X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add classifieds ads

Hi

Please can someone help me?

I am trying to install noahs classifieds to my site, but am coming up with a load of notices and warnings on the page that apparently the ads should appear on followed by it telling me it doesnt exist.

Im sure ive done everything right. Ive read somewhere else on here that noahs classifieds arnt suitable to use with bluevoda, but if that is the case, why are they in fantastico? and what are the alternatives?

Please can someone give me some clues on how to sort this?

Thanks in advance

Sally
    www.webuynationwide.co.uk

Re: How to add classifieds ads

Hi, I & many others have tried & had the same problem & gave up. Shame! As it’s a nice looking with a good layout. Might be worth giving Google a search for classifieds scripts or link scripts. There are many out there.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that for me Chris.

I will have a look around and let you know what i find!

Cheers

Sally
      www.webuynationwide.co.uk

Comment

For All Fantastico! "Noah's Classifieds" Installations, Please Review The Following First

This is an answer to installation errors regarding shared servers and direct-to-root Fantastico! installs, posted by Global Moderators of Official Noah's Classifieds Support Forum (see 2nd & 3rd posts from top of thread): http://www.noahsclassifieds.org/foru...4.html#msg1894

Apparently, VodaHost should have the capability and access to install Noah's Classifieds properly for clients (for a modest fee, probably similar to installing FormsPro @ $30 ??), and should be requested by submitting a Support Ticket directly to the VodaHost Support Team.

Beyond this, you need to be capable of configuring a specialty Database or be willing to consider obtaining a 3rd party software tool to assist in the configuration and installation (somehow always dubious, IMO), or, seek a qualified script/programmer consultant.

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili, cant find the thread at the mo, but VH wont help with scripts in fantasico. I inquired about this a wile back. FM/pro is in a different area of the forum & assume this is under some sort of different license & why an install service is available for these programs.
          At the end of the day,any program in fantasico should install work with the simple click of a button. If it doesn't! Remove it from the area & save many members grief & hours of frustration .
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Betcha Naval would be willing to tackle it, especially since these guys in Hungary (the authors) are riding the development by the seat of their pants! Reading the updated news, seems like one of the original developers announced he is no longer "available" for contributions or assistance!

Throught the NC Forums, the "Moderators" are all on the Team and offer not only customization and installs, but "Free" hosting on their servers (in exchange for banner ads on your site). I learned that most everything beyond simple color changes, header swaps, and footer swaps invariably inlvolve the use of seemingly fragile and complicated "includes" and extensive custom script tweaks, which leaves most of us out of the play......

Personally, I am unwilling to "give up" on the thing, but am leaning to the realization that I probably must break down and learn Joomla to achieve the same thing: just another huge undertaking on my part to get a simple logical website function to work they way it was "envisioned"!

I really don't have the time to devote to learning all that Joomla requires, to assemble all the MODs and includes....I truly want just a simple little "classifieds" site to market specific goods in a specific manner!!

>> So, if our General can install Noah's reasonably affordably (and get it up with very few issues of design customization), I am good to go, as I would prefer it to be here at VH with the rest of my stuff and not have to lose the rest of my hair learning Joomla (which to me in this application is like stuffing an elephant into a VW) --- before I am prepared, meaning I know there will come the day I must master CMS also.....

Is nothing simple anymore?
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X