Newbie here with a couple Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here with a couple Q's

First off I want to say hello to everyone.

Love the BlueVoda creation software. I have a temporary web page that I would like to get up asap. It has been published but I can't seem to find the next step to make it work.

Another question, can I change my domain name? Or should I just create sub-domains?

TIA

Rick

Re: Newbie here with a couple Q's

Originally posted by Rick87gn View Post
    First off I want to say hello to everyone.

Love the BlueVoda creation software. I have a temporary web page that I would like to get up asap. It has been published but I can't seem to find the next step to make it work.

Another question, can I change my domain name? Or should I just create sub-domains?

TIA

Rick

Hi Rick .. to publish the webpage you created with the FREE blue voda software you will need a voda hosting account. Once you have this you will receive a few confirmation emails, and watch for one that will contain your log in information ... this will provide you with the details necessary to publish and view the webpage you have created ... You receive either a free domain name or domain name transfer when you open your account.

Once you purchase a domain name, you own it until it's expiry. There are no changes or refunds .. You can purchase more domain names and add them to your voda hosting account - with voda hosting you can have as many domain names and websites as you like - as well - as many sub-domain names (sub-domain names are free, while domain names cost)

You can view your choices under products & prices at the link at the top of the forum.

Welcome and Good Luck ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have an account and I have received a few e-mails but one of them was blank. I think that was the one that was suppose to help me out. I haved logged on to my cpannel but I'm pretty much lost as how to make my published page show up as a website.

Comment

I have an account and I have received a few e-mails but one of them was blank. I think that was the one that was suppose to help me out. I haved logged on to my cpannel but I'm pretty much lost as how to make my published page show up as a website.

Okay, well if you have logged into your control panel, you have then received the information from voda hosting .. otherwise you would not have this information to log in ...

You will need to create, name, save and publish a page entitled index - all small letters, no capitals, no spaces ... simply index

Publishing this page will bring your website live by typing in the url of your domain ... The domain name that you registered with voda host for creating your account ...

You should view the tutorials for creating your pages with blue voda, how to name and save as well ...

Tutorials can be found at the top of this forum .. Once you view the tutorials feel free to post back with any specific questions you may have ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You will need to create, name, save and publish a page entitled index - all small letters, no capitals, no spaces ... simply index
          Did that.

Publishing this page will bring your website live by typing in the url of your domain ... The domain name that you registered with voda host for creating your account ...
          I did publish a page titled index but it does not show up if I type my domain name. spiceyballomeat.com

You should view the tutorials for creating your pages with blue voda, how to name and save as well ...
          Done that a few times. I think I understand most of it.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Your domain appears to be pointing to the correct servers. Sometimes it takes up to 48 hours, sometimes longer to actually take effect. When did you repoint the servers on your domain?
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
              Your domain appears to be pointing to the correct servers. Sometimes it takes up to 48 hours, sometimes longer to actually take effect. When did you repoint the servers on your domain?
              Thanks for your reply, what do you mean by repoint the servers? I published an index page yesterday evening. Its been like 24hrs.

Comment

Sometimes it can take longer to show up. when you buy a domain you have to make sure it's settings are telling it to point to your account server, which in this case it appears to be so don't worry too much about that.
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, what do you mean by repoint the servers? I published an index page yesterday evening. Its been like 24hrs.

It can take 48 hrs for your domain to propogate. If you purchased your voda hosting account and this is your domain name that you purchased your voda hosting account with - you do not have to do any repointing.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, think your problem maybe with your IP address. If it was 70.86.224.210 try publishing to 74.86.118.20 If this IP isn’t showing in the drop down list? Re-download BV to re-propogate this list. NEWS LINK
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                      Hi, think your problem maybe with your IP address. If it was 70.86.224.210 try publishing to 74.86.118.20 If this IP isn’t showing in the drop down list? Re-download BV to re-propogate this list. NEWS LINK
                      I did published to 74.86.118.20. Should I still try and re-download the software?

Comment

Hi Rick

It may be just a matter of waiting for your domain to propogate. If you are still having problems tomorrow I would suggest sending a support ticket to have support look at your set up ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X