Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready For Some Feedback!!

Hi Gang!!

This is still a "work in progress" but I would love some feedback from everyone. I'm being told my pages are too big on other computers..it looks good on mine...is there something I need to do in "properties" on my pages?? Your input is greatly appreciated

Re: Ready For Some Feedback!!

Hi there ... yes, your pages are built at near '1100 wide ...

20% or less of the internet viewers are still on screen resolutions of '800 wide ...

so you should consider resizing your width of your pages to this .. or at the very least '1000 to cover 80% or more of the viewers ...

you can change this with the properties of the page, but you will also need to adjust all the elements (text, images) to within this '800 or '1000 width ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Ladyeye,

I have changed all pages to 1000....is that working??

Comment

Hi Lemmon,

A couple of things, some of your pages appear to be centered, some not, causing a bouncy effect when navigating between. And on my browser, your navigation menus are just a touch slow loading, not sure why.

One last, You misspelled "Restaurants" (I've worked in them for 30 yrs., kinda catches my eye!).

Keep up the good work, you'll get there!

Comment

Mike,

Thanks a bunch...I'll get hot on it.

Dan

Comment

Banner size is still 1071 wide, which is far larger than the maximum recommended of 850 (since almost 30% of all computers are still at 800 wide, and 60% at 1024x768+, and the remainder hopelessly confused by trying to set their widescreens! LOL).

Setting your page to 850 wide max assures that little is "cut off or that any scroll is minor, but more importantly, if you center your pages in browser (still need to do that) it will create a "border" around your page by allowing the background to present under your page for all those who are predominantly set at 1024+ wide.

Always keep in mind the aspect of "universal viewability" especially when creating on widescreens, or monitors larger than 17"
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili,

Thanks a bunch!!..going to set all pages at 850 max wide and center
              the browsers.

Dan.

Comment

Okay gang! browsers have been centered and settings are at 850 wide...can you all give me a quick look to see if I missed any thing??

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemmondr View Post
                  Okay gang! browsers have been centered and settings are at 850 wide...can you all give me a quick look to see if I missed any thing?? Thanks!!
                  No, you have mis-understood the principle entirely!

Your header image is still 1071x138, and all you did was "move everything to the right".....you need to re-size your 'panorama' image to 850 (do this by entering the numbers into the width value field in Edit, in the editor, and NOT by stretching or manipulating it by hand), re-save with recognizable title so you do not loase the earlier version, and then replacing it on your pages...being quite sure you "lock it" to the top-left corner of the BV workpage (at the 0/0 point of the X-Y axis tool, lower right of the BV pane).

Then, right-click to open Page Properties, and reset the Page Size itself to 850 wide, and at bottom of Properties, click "Center in Browser".

Then you can re-lay your page out in the narrower format, and when seen in the browser, it will present as stated.

This is the only way to do this, for by moving your page to the right, all you accomplished wa to create a space to the left of the page, and for it to appear quite off-center.

Comment

Vasili,

You're right...forgot all about the panaorama....will get hot on it..
                    thanks for the heads up!

Dan-

Comment

Hey Dan

You have been doing a lot of work and your site is looking good. I see you have started fixing that width of your banner on most pages.

My only suggestion would be to use a different Navigation bar down the left to avoid the writing ovelapping the arrow,ie Home Imporvement.

You might consider using a Menu Bar instead. But other than that great job and keep up the hard work.
                      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Phil,

Thanks a bunch!! I was noticing that as well..I'm trying to match my
                        menu bars with my logo Green/Gold...most likely I will look at some type
                        of abreviation..for those to fit them in.

Thanks! again Phil

Hey Vasili and Ladyeye! thanks for getting me straight on my banner!!

Dan.

Comment

and on we go.....

Comment

I'm pretty sure I have all pages fixed...can you all take a look and let me
                            how it looks on your end??

www.jaxplus.net

Thanks

Dan-

Comment

Working...
                            X