Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soho as second site to be in a new folder in public_html

I have just purchased one account, I have installed Joomla 1.5C3 manually
    to the root of public_html and I failed to install soho as second site by fantastico.

If I am right, soho have to be uploaded to a new folder in public_html in c/panel and be displayed as second site.By now, it is not at the primary root of Public-Html which has been taken over by Joomla.Please advise how go about it

lincoln
    www.xuankong-liufa.com

Re: Soho as second site to be in a new folder in public_html

Hi, I don’t use soho, but I am pretty sure that it needs to be in the route directory. So the only way would be to create a sub domain & install there. Or another add on domain & install into this new area. (sub/ is free)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Soho can be installed in a sub domain or an addon domain. Soho will install thru fantastico you dont have to upload it, but you do have to create the domain for it thru cpanel before installing

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,. chris and karen, Thank you all, ok I remember now so I have to create soho as a sub domain,I think I can manage it.

lincoln
        www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Hi, again I had tried few options but to no avail.We cannot upload soho as we did or could do on other open source softwares and scripts to a fresh folder or at the root of Public _html.Soho was pre-installed at the root of public_html and It was installable through fantastico in c/panel.

If we have installed Joomla at the root of public _html and we need to install soho as sub-domain as 2nd site, such as soho.www.mydomain.com.
          How could we do that.It said that we need to uninstall soho first before we could reinstal.If I we to delete soho from.fantastico.data, I could not install soho as it is licensed and pre arranged between the host company and soholaunch company and there is noway I could upload the scripts from any open sources as I have done in phpBB3 and Joomla.

When I browsed to soho.www.my domain .com, The Joomla that was installed at the root of public _html appeared.

Any senior having any experiecen how to resolve this is appreciated.

Lincoln
          www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Working...
          X