Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Crash lost everything

Hi Guys,
    I have a bit of a prob. My PC crashed and died on me, all the files for my web site went with it. I need to access my site to update it in BV but can't because all the files are gone. Can anyone help.
    Dave

www.eleganceweddingcarhire.com

Re: PC Crash lost everything

you should be able to go to your cpanel and get all the files and pages sent back to "my documents"
    go to cpanel
    use the ftp tool in tools
    take all the files that are in the public_html folder and ftp to "my documents"
    good luck
    mrmagoo144
    in the future it pays to have all your information on a flash drive.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Have you had anyone look to see if they could get any of the files off your crashed computer? I'd try that first.

If you can't - follow the above method - but remember, you'll have to do work on every page to get it back right - and you'll have to put all the images back (as your BV pages are calling the images from a path on your computer).

Now, as stated, regularly back-up all important files on your computer onto some external device!
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks mrmagoo and Bethers,
        I have had a guy recover as many files as pos from the old hard drive but the BV stuff is not there.
        Dave

www.eleganceweddingcarhire.com

Comment

OK, so I'm going to sound really stupid but my hard drive failed and I couldn't recover any files,didn't have anything backed up- so here I am feeling totally lost.
          I understand how to transfer my files and folders back to my PC through FTP and have starting doing that but retrieving the actual pages has me beaten.
          I have tried importing from existing HTML page on remote server but all that appears is a blank black page(black is the correct colour) but absolutely nothing else,I have been typing what I think is the correct URL for the page I'm trying to retrieve i.e. http://www.nigelharman-thewebsite.co.uk/index but clicking on this link is giving me page not found.When I open the site through explorer it still displays ok though.

The index page does contain flash and a link at the end of the flash file to the next page.
          Is there something I'm missing here or is there perhaps another way that I can try.

Comment

Noticed that you got your answer in another thread. Good!

Now - make sure you do backups after you get everything back - and keep them current. (Backups OFF your computer - whether you use a usb device, or a hd backup - or an offline backup system).
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X