Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my published pages do not link together

Hello

My domain is lescamelias.info and I have just published my web site which is a really simple one (i.e. one index and 4 pages which should link via the fixed menu bar)! And I can't get it to work!

The home page is there but the link doesn't work. I am not that good with computer but I watched all the tutorials and thought that I had done everything that I should! The only thing I am not sure about is what I should select under target in the edit button screen should it be _blank, _self, _parent or _top?

Since I could not find a template which did fit my domain name I inserted a picture at the top of each of my page and thought that this was maybe the problem so I have deleted the picture on each page and republished it but it doesn't make any difference!

Help please I really don't know what to do next.

Re: my published pages do not link together

hello;
    you may have 2 things that you did not do correctly.
    1. did you publish each page
    2. what name did you use to publish each page.
    It looks like the path is correct.
    send us this reply.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for responding. Yes I published then separately but I am not sure what you mean by asking what name I used to publish each page. I just opened each page in turn in bluevoda and published each page by going to file then publish. You see what I mean when I say I'm not very good with computer!!!!!!!!

Comment

well you have to save each page. the question is what name did you save each page as. they should be as follows:
        rentalrates
        thingstodo
        contact
        photogallery
        no caps, no spaces.
        with regards to the 2nd issue:
        with your links you have them all targeted as blank. that means each page opens up a new browser. It is always best to choose self as the target, that way it will open in the same browser and I assume you have the same navigation bar for each page.
        hope this helps,
        mrmagoo144
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I had saved my pages with caps and spaces I have renamed them and republished a couple it doesn't seem to make any difference. I will change the target as you suggest to self but tomorrow. It is quite late here and I need to go to bed. Hope tomorrow brings resolution! Thank you so much for your help. I'll probably need more help tomorrow.

Comment

Hi there,
            as mrmagoo144 hase pointed out, your links are pointing to files. you should have four files in you BlueVoda directory called rentalrates.bvp, thingstodo.bvp, contact.bvp and photogallery.bvp, these maybe inside directories with the same name. publish these pages and everything should work. if these files dont exist as written above, you have a problem.
            Regards,
            Mike
            Golfnut

Comment

Jacqueline,

I think your problem is in your menu bar. Go to the properties on your
              menu bar for Home, Rental Rates, Things to do, Contact Details, Photo Gallery:

Your URL's should read:
              http://lescamelias.info

Hope this helps

Dan.

Comment

Hello Mike and Dan

You were both right! There was a combination of mistakes but you will be pleased to know that I am now the proud 'publisher' of a web site which works! Thanks to you all. I am so glad I won't have another sleepless night! Regards.
                Jacqueline

Comment

Well... I have exactly the same problem. I only have 2 pages to link, to start with. One is saved as index.bvp, the other as aboutthetssd.bvp

I am trying to link them, so that when I click on About the TSSD in my menu bar, it opens up with this page, which is basically identical except the text is different.

When I double clicked on the menu bar, I made sure I had http://www.turnkeyssdevelopment.com/aboutthetssd.html

in General/Edit/URL

However when I click on Preview button, which opens up in my firefox, and then click on the About the TSSD, I get the following message:

Not Found

The requested URL /aboutthetssd.html was not found on this server.
                  Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I don't understand where I went wrong...

I would appreciate if someone could kindly assist me with this matter.

Many thanks

Comment

Ah... by the way... I am quite new to all this and am in process of changing pointers from one hosting company to the other...

Am I meant to configure anything with DNS before I am able to preview my pages?

just had a thought... perhaps that is what is interfering and not allowing me to...

I know the previous hosting company has already updated my DNS settings, but I didnt check... nor do I actually know how to do that...

hm...

Comment

Hi, looks to me that you are ready to publish your pages ... publish your index page and your aboutthetssd page and we should be able to view your website and do the same for any and all other pages you create .. linking them all from your main page is best.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Does publishing imply it will be actually available on the internet?

If it does, then I can't do it yet, because I haven't prepared my other 7 pages yet...

thank you anyway, and I will let you know if the problem persists once the website is completed and ready to be published...

By the way, once it is already available online, can I make changes and introduce more pages , or edit something afterwards?

Many thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by desinel View Post
                          Does publishing imply it will be actually available on the internet?

If it does, then I can't do it yet, because I haven't prepared my other 7 pages yet...

thank you anyway, and I will let you know if the problem persists once the website is completed and ready to be published...

By the way, once it is already available online, can I make changes and introduce more pages , or edit something afterwards?

Many thanks again!
                          Yes, once you publish it will appear on the internet .. you could just publish a page saying - Coming Soon - as your index page, while you finish preparing your other pages and then replace that when finished.

You can make changes to your website whenever you like, the files you create are .bvp files and remain on your computer for you to reopen, make changes and republish at any time. The blue voda software converts these files when published to appear on the internet.

yw

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                          X