Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble displaying images

Hey,

I could add images to my site and there was no problem till now.Now I do the same things when adding images as before but now the images can not be displayed in my site...I use either the lightbox or just insert image from the pc.I don't change anything about the images that can effect the display..What can I do?Please HELP ME!!
    Feyza

www.sesan.org
    Self Representing Art Workers

Re: Trouble displaying images

Hi feyza,

Have you published any pages? Anything we can see in order to help?

Comment

Like Mikes says, if we can see the page we can try and help ..

It may be the names of your images, or perhaps you need to change the hotlink protection in your control panel ...

But if you can post, please do so ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello,

I'm also having trouble with some images but only on my links page. The images I had there already are fine but whenever I try to add a new one it goes way to the right or far underneath where I placed it and can't be shifted. All the other pages are fine and behave normally. Any ideas why this one page is causing me this problem?
        Thanks,
        Elena

Comment

Originally posted by crouquet View Post
          Hello,

I'm also having trouble with some images but only on my links page. The images I had there already are fine but whenever I try to add a new one it goes way to the right or far underneath where I placed it and can't be shifted. All the other pages are fine and behave normally. Any ideas why this one page is causing me this problem?
          Thanks,
          Elena
          www.lescrouquets.net
          Hi, your links page looks good at this end. But a couple of things that need to be looked at.
          The top left header image need reducing, it’s at about 1 meg & slowing the page down.
          You have a chevron “>” showing at the top of the page created by this script (I think!) And need to take off the last chevron on the script where you placed it in the html area.

</HEAD>

<BODY bgcolor="#F4D997" text="#000000" <?PHP
          $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
          $mailto = lecielestbleu2103@wanadoo.fr
          $mailsubj = enquiry
          $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
          reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
          $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
          while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
          {
          if ($key!="submit")
          {
          $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
          }
          }
          mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
          ?>
          >

Good luck
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris!
            Have managed to get rid of the chevron!
            But, and this is where my problem is ,I've tried to replace the LHS header image with a reduced version and when I put in place of the original one it shows up further down the page. It looks ok on Blue Voda but when viewed in the browser the images are either further down or way to the right of the page. I didn't have this problem before and wonder if it's since I added the HTML boxes for other peoples' links? Don't know if there's a connection there or not as my IT knowledge is still limited!! I may try taking them off & see what happens.
            Thanks again & hope the ADSL search has gone well!!
            Elena
            www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

Hi, what may help is! Would it be possible to clone the page & call it something else as a temporary measure, & publish it so we can have a look? We might be able to see more via the page code. But just before you try this. Try renaming the new reduced image & placing it on the page. But make sure you remove the old one 1st.
              On the ADSL part. We are looking at the pro's & cons of purchasing a place completely off Grid on the electric side & without phone lines. Just with a water connection of some sort. We are finding that the massive savings on property prices this will give us & the fantastic locations this enables, will completely out way the costs of any generators for electric & satellite/phone connections. We have even found a small village/hamlet in a very rural area for around EU100,000.00. But we are planning a trip very soon to quite a few areas to see what available.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks yet again Chris!
                Had just finished looking at the page and suspected it was something to do with the HTML links since I hadn't had any problems before.
                I deleted the last one I added ( holidaylettings.co.uk) and sure enough it all works as before, so obviously something to do with that, but I don't know what.
                I've added the link back on as I have to reciprocate to get a link to our own site from our advert with them but at least I know now!

Good luck with the property search - all sounds really exciting! We are still reeling from how much we had to do behind the scenes and we did have all ( or most of ) the basics in place, so no doubt you'll be kept busy! Great opportunity though! Hope all goes well!
                Elena
                www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

Working...
                X