Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

php What does its stand for and what does it Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• php What does its stand for and what does it Do?

Folks my question is on the title....
    What does php stand for ?
    And what does it do?

What is it relation to forms within a page

Thanks for the help

Regards
    Paulo Jorge Figueiredo

Re: php What does its stand for and what does it Do?

php = hypertext preprocessor

What does it do? It is a server side scripting language. It allows the server to carry out certain and specific functions. One happens to be the mailto function.

In the instance of a form, the php script takes all the info entered into a form and then mail's it to your email address.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy

Thanks for your Help. Now I got the concept but with the Tutorials I am confused:

1- The Form has the info, logicaly should the php not be aplied on the html section of that form, why is it indicated that it should be placed on the html of the THANK YOU form.
      2- I have placed a thankyou form that is already published but I did no sindication or linked it to no other page. Now how is it suposed to be set up? ....I did all the steps one by one of the tutorials, and dont understand why the php is place on the Thank you form and how can we link one page to the other in what suposed to be the normal sequence...

Thanks for your help by the way....!
      Paulo Jorge Figueiredo

Comment

Think of the form as a link, but instead of a normal link it also passes the values of the fields that are filled in. The php script needs to be places where the form links to when it is clicked. I hope that helps

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

My Friend I have sent you and email. PLease accept best regards
          Paulo Jorge Figueiredo

Comment

Working...
          X