Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flashing words

Hi

I am still a bit of a novice to website building so this will probably sound very easy for a lot you!

I would like to have intermittent words, for example it might say

'exceptional offer' and then that fades and in the same place it will say 'offer valid until 30/11' for example - obviously in bold, colourful, eye-catching letters!

I have managed to do something similar with pictures but not sure how to do it with words.

Any help out there please

Re: flashing words

Originally posted by jackiew View Post
    Hi

I am still a bit of a novice to website building so this will probably sound very easy for a lot you!

I would like to have intermittent words, for example it might say

'exceptional offer' and then that fades and in the same place it will say 'offer valid until 30/11' for example - obviously in bold, colourful, eye-catching letters!

I have managed to do something similar with pictures but not sure how to do it with words.

Any help out there please

Within the Blue Voda Site Builder, you could use the marquee tool - this will give you scrolling text, you could use a few of them to do what you want, with timing and all, experimenting with this will show you your limits, it won't do exactly what you describe. The effect you are looking for would need to be created in another program, other than blue voda.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

OK thankyou

Comment

Jackie-
        Take a look at my avatar picture. Is that what you are refering to?
        If yes- then it is done with animated GIF's. If you would like, I can make one for you. Let me know what you want it to say, the color and approx size of area you are wishing to fill (i.e. the avatar is 100pix X100pix) and I will post pack.
        (also- in animated GIF's you can have them run continously or a set number of times. My avatar picture runs 4 times and then stops)
        Cheers-
        Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy

Yes that's it!!

Thanks for the offer . I will need to change the wording of the promotion every week so I need to know how to amend it.

To give you an idea of the sizing and exactly what I'm looking for, could you go to the french site www.123bebestar.com . This isn't my site but the flashing advert at the top is exactly what I am trying to *******te.

I would like the following wording:

- Offre exceptionnelle (this would then disappear and then the next line)
          - 5% de réduction sur tout le site (then the last line)
          - Offre valable jusqu'au 26/11/07

I would be really pleased if I could use this

Thanks Andy

Jackie

Comment

Give me the URL of your site so I can match colors.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy

I've just downloaded a trial version of xara (www.xara.com). I am just trying myself to see if I can get it to work. Can I let you know how I get on please?

Jackie

p.s. my website is www.simplytests.com (www.simplytests.com/it.html for italian pages) but to be honest this is the first website I've done, and to be honest I think it looks a little 'amateurish' now. I would really like to 'upgrade' it - if you know what I mean!

Comment

Jackie-
                No problem. Just contact me via the website in my signature below.

Have fun with xara

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy - will do

Comment

Jackie-
                    Just looked at the site- you did good!

How was xara to use?

Also- I accidentally deleted your e-mail. If you want, e-mail me again.

Cheers-

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I have never used a marquee, and I am confused.

Comment

Working...
                      X