finished first site how is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finished first site how is it

Please review my site www.northlandchurchfurniture.com all comments greatly appreciated

Re: finished first site how is it

Hi Ncf,

Very nice, but I have the following comment/suggestions for you:

On some pages you are using the Arial font (which is a sans serif font) and on other pages you are using Georgia (which is a serif font). I would suggest you use Arial on all the pages. A sans serif font looks much better on a web pages as a serif font.

The font size on your different pages are not the same. It would be good if you can standardize the font size.

Your button location jumps all over the place. It will frustrate your visitors. Keep them in one position.

Allow one space after a period when starting a new sentense.

It will also be nice if you could center your pages. Right-click the page in BV and select Page Properties. Then tick the Center in Browser checkbox.

Keep up the good work you have done.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Hi ncf,

Ditto the above, and you need to title your pages, and think about keywords, and all that SEO stuff.

And I don't know if your scrolling header is necessary, as you are making the same statement, more or less, right below it. If anything, it distracts the viewer from your products. With the extra room you could add to the paragraph below.

Overall, very nice, keep it up.

Comment

Hi TomvR and mwalsh
        Thank you very much for reviewing my site.Made the changes you suggested except centering in browser.When I did that page came up way to the right???Also did not change streaming banner boss likes it coming up with new content for it.Anyway thanks again
        NCF

Comment

Hi NCF,

Looking good now. Just remember to have at least one space after each period / full stop before starting a new sentence. Otherwise, you have done a great job.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Hi NCF,

Well, can't argue with the boss! I've tried! As far as centering, are you beginning with everything built to the far left? Doing so and checking "Center in browser" in page properties should center everything when it is viewed.

Looking good,

P.S. Your home page still needs a title.

Comment

hi there ... you are doing a great job ... ditto to the above coments .... keep up the good work ....
              kym, merlin & tala
              creating white majick
              www.whiteshepherds.com.au
              www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
              www.merlinsmajick.com
              www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Please help how is site from marketing stand point? Getting visitors but no leads! Any ideas???????
                Thanks for your time,
                NCF1961

Comment

Two things about your marketing...first do you ship anywhere in the country? the world? you do not mention that you do anything outside WI.

second...your email address's do not work. I have not yet created a working site myself, so someone else might be able to tell you about how to link to your email

Comment

Originally posted by ncf1961 View Post
                    Please help how is site from marketing stand point? Getting visitors but no leads! Any ideas???????
                    Thanks for your time,
                    NCF1961
                    NCF

On the subject of marketing.. and sales.. First job, as you probably know in sales is to "prospect".. On my web site www.treetables.com (which I am in the process of trying to bring to BV) ... I spent a considerable amount of time with "keywords", selecting them, placing them, then measuring results. For results, I use www.statcounter.com ..
                    Do you currently have any knowledge of "keyword" tools or how to use them??

mike
                    Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
                    www.treetables.com

Comment

The nature of your product/offering is one of a very specialized desire and narrow market group: unless the visitors themselves are decision-makers who are keen to explore online, your chances of developing "leads" worthy of following up are slim.

This type of site would best be considered more in a "supportive" role, such as a site for prospective clients to make selections from all the different combinations you offer, and to download/print out all the helpful checklists, product descriptions, manuals, etc. that make the prospect of choosing the right items or materials much easier.
                      > This is also the beginnings of developing a greater depth of relevant Content, something visitors love (for practicality's sake) and the Search Engines thrive on, for they will naturally place more value on a site that has more "relevance" of informatiuon for them to cache and present to their search clients....and greater value means better positioning, and thus greater traffic (and more visitors will equate a larger chance of conversions/transactions/leads).

Until you have a good deal more Content to present (let alone optimize) you should rely on traditional marketing to create the traffic. Because of the niche market you are in, the shallow Content and SE value, and lack of configuration to warrant metric value (no optimized content or structure), you can think of this site in it's present form to be the same as an online version of a simple glossy brochure ..... it is completely reliant upon where you display it, whom you hand it to, or if people can find it in the pile of all the others......

IMO
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

My only suggestion would be to add a mail to link in your header. Highlight the text, click the link button, select "mailto" and enter your email address. That way, if a customer wants to contact you they can simply click on your email and send you a message.
                        Scott

Turn your Sentimental photos into Canvas Art!
                        www.canvasappeal.com

Comment

Originally posted by SStephenson View Post
                          My only suggestion would be to add a mail to link in your header. Highlight the text, click the link button, select "mailto" and enter your email address. That way, if a customer wants to contact you they can simply click on your email and send you a message.
                          NOT a recommended practice, and is exactly why using an email Form helps to prevent spamming and scouring email addresses to be re-distributed!

The only way to consider this suggestion is to provide an additional icon (an envelope or similar) that is linked to your Contact Us page....
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                          X