Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google rank change - anyone else noticed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google rank change - anyone else noticed?

My sites have always been a steady page rank 3 on Google. For the last couple of weeks they've all dropped to 2 - and this includes sites which have been updated a lot, as well as the more static ones.

Hasn't affected the number of visitors one bit - in fact they've seen to have gone up!

I thought Google must have changed the way its doing things again - but would like to know if this has affected anyone else?
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Re: Google rank change - anyone else noticed?

Hi Trish,

This may be a bit like chinese whispers but this is what I hear on the grapevine...

Google are apparently changing the way they rank sites due to the size and growth of internet activity lately.

You are not alone though, many sites with 'well to do' ranks for many years have experienced a sudden drop.

But you will do well to remember that PageRank does not define site rankings in Google or traffic and it should not be mistaken as so.

Many of my sites which have lower rankings receive more traffic than those with higher rank values.

The ranking system is very exaggerated and overated.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Actually, Google changes ranks on sites frequently - however they don't tell us about it so often. I don't think they'd "published" any changes for months and months until recently - and that's what you're seeing.

I wish people wouldn't pay so much attn to the ranking - unless, of course, you're doing something black hat and get banned - that would be dangerous.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Cheers both - wasn't worried as I said, it hasn't affected the traffic in any way, but was just interested whether this was a global change, or whether Google had a sudden downer on me! LOL
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Its a Global Change. Each time they reset how they compile the info and the criteria you will see some changes initially.

Where your keywording shows up is much more important than your home page rank.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X