ActiveX hassle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ActiveX hassle

Hello. I have an issue I need help with. I have an account with *****.com to promote my music. The sissue that I have is, when I open BlueVoda web builder software and go to New page, then From Existing HTML page, I'll type in *******.com Then I'll get this message saying, " Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly."
    And its true, the page is all screwed up. I wanna know how I can adjust my setting to allow this certain page to be copied with no problems. The page has a section where there is Flash presence. I don't know if thats a factor. I just wanna edit this page so I can customized it the way I like it using BlueVoda. Which by the way is a great software. I asked Microsoft and they want me to pay $ for support and I called the computer manufacture and they say to call Microsoft. I tried everyone and no one is helping. What can I do? Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by VodaHost; 12-03-2005, 04:26 PM.

Re: ActiveX hassle

The ActiveX warning is only in preview mode. Once you publish your BlueVoda web
    page you will not see this any more ....(Unless you have malicious code on your page)
    which browsers do not like.

Also you need a VodaHost account to publish BlueVoda web pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

So once I publish (upload to my web site?) t" Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." then the page will display properly?

Comment

You have to set your browser to allow for Active X controls on the page you want to view.

When you got that warning, was there an option to click for "allow active x controls for this website?" If there was, then click that and the page should show up.

To change your browser settings...right click (i use IE) and go to properties...you will see all sorts of security and advanced settings tabs. YOu can add the website to your "trusted sites" and you can also enable active x controls. You have to be careful though not to mess up your security settings....that I cannot advise since I don't know your preferences or your system.

HOWEVER, as Vodahost said above, you will not be able to use ANY bluevoda pages without a Vodahosting account.
        still working on website!

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
          The ActiveX ....(Unless you have malicious code on your page) which browsers do not like..
          Browsers and users. The fear of viruses real or implied includes Active X.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi,

I have the same problem with Active X warning when I import an existing HTML webpage into BV. The imported page does not look like the existing webpage. There was no option to allow Active X and putting the existing web page as Trusted sites to allow for Active X also caused the same warning to appear.

Anyone can help solve the problem please?

Comment

Working...
            X