Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live guest book

Hello!
    I would like to add a live guest book to our website but I'm not too sure how to go about it or how it works.
    Firstly I need to know how to add it and then will I be able to control/edit/vet the comments before they appear on the site?
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thank you!
    Elena
    www.lescrouquets.net

Re: Live guest book

Hi, sites looking well these days. Only a personal view on the guest book. But I think for the short time it takes to cut & paste from an email & add to a page. I would set up a form & call it guest book & add the comments from the email to the page yourselves. Guests don’t have to know it’s an email that’s been sent. The only reason I suggest doing it this way is the amount of complaints that are posted on the forum about spam & not so nice sites getting posted on the guest books is not very good. At least this way you would have full control.
    Sample for you. Its not working & only an idea. LINK

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris!
      I was a bit concerned about the SPAM issue, especially as we seem to be getting more than our fair share of junk enquiries right now. I hadn't thought of a "form" version . It seems a really good idea - I'll get on to it straight away!!
      Thanks again!
      Elena
      www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

Hi .. I noticed too that you have your email as a direct link on your website, you should consider protecting that - this is a big part of why you are receiving your fair share of spam..

You might opt instead to encrypt your email at www.dynamicdrive.com
        choose the email riddler - it is pretty straight forward ... but also in addition to this you might consider just having your email address typed and not linked on your page - this will be good for those people who do not have a default email program on their computer ...

Or

You instead, might opt for using Navals contact form .. this will secure you up nicely instead ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X