form question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• form question

When a person emails me through my contact page at www.looksrule.com (which is an add-on domanin for me) they receive my thank you page from my contact page at www.gordonpatzer.com website (which is my primary VodaHost domain). Although I have two different thank you pages for my two different websites, I seem unable to set my cPanel, or som other setting, to get my thank you page for the www.looksrule.com website to be sent to a person who uses my www.looksrule.com contact page, and instead the sender gets the thank you page for my www.gordonpatzer.com website.

Can someone help me fix my problem above?

Thank you.

gordon787

Re: form question

Sounds like you have used the exact same code and return url on both forms...provide links to the forms so we can look at the code.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You have used ABVFP. Probably you have mistaken the thank you page URL (more than probable, i am almost 100% positive).
      Enter your ABVFP CP and select the third option: Modify the settings of an existing form. Select the form, and you will be taken to the form settings page. Edit the thank you page URL and memorize the settings. You are done.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you form question/problem

First suggested action doesn't solve my problem, however, as with most users of this VodaHost support forum, I am VERY thankful for the message of assistance that I have received from the General & Forum Administrator and from General & Forum Moderator Navaldesign.

In regard to navaldesign's message:

(1) Yes, I used ABVP to create my thank you page for my www.gordonpatzer.com website and then I tried to duplicate that page as much as possible within ABVP with only changing all the www.gordonpatzer.com listings in ABVFP Administrator Area--Form Details to www.looksrule.com, followed by publishing through my BlueVoda design my respectively designed www.looksrule.com thank you page.

(2) As you (navaldesign) have directed, I have now, a second time, entered my ABVFP CP (which I assume to be the DB Technosystems ABVFP Administrator Area). I then selected the third choice ("Modify the settings for an existing form" and I then selected "1. Contract form" which takes me to the "Form Details" page which in the first line-box on the right of the page states: "Configuring Form Nr: 1."

(3) I have then changed all the www.gordonpatzer.com listings to www.looksule.com while leaving everything the same. I made these changes in the first line (your domain name), the second line (your form URL), the fifth line (upload folder), the sixth line (your email address), the tenth line (your thankyou page URL), and the eleventh line (your error page URL).

(4) I then clicked "memorize settings", which takes me to "Step 3: Form setup completed." "Form ID Number 1," "Form name: Contact form," Congratulations! ABVFP has correctly memorized the settings necessary to process your form." I then clicked "process this form."

(5) I then went back to my BlueVoda file, opened the www.looksrule.com thankyou file/page and I published it again; and the message came back that it "publishing was successful."

(6) I have now gone to Internet Explorer, went to my published www.looksrule.com website and I when I submit an email message through the contact page I still bet the wrong thank you page. Specifically, I still erroneously get the www.gordonpatzer.com email message which in the address line is then: http://www.gordonpatzer.com/thankyou.html

Gordon

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        background below, if pertinent
        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Despite my design of two different thank you pages, the same thank you page goes out when a user sends an email through the contact form.

Background: About two months ago I created www.gordonpatzer.com and with struggle I got the contact page and corresponding thank you page working as desired. In the process I created several DB Technosystems forms or drafts of forms that I later deleted with help of the VodaHost support form.

Now I created a second website as an add-on domain (www.looksrule.com) and all is working as desired except for the thank you page for those who send email through the website contact form. Here are my questions and problems:

(1) To begin, when I went to my DB Technosystems ABVFP Administration Area I see I have two contact forms (#1 and #2) for www.gordonpatzer.com but I assume that I should have only one and I prefer only one if technologically correct. Is my assumption to have just one contact form for www.gordonpatzer.com correct?

(2) When I selected "configurate a new form starting from existing one," in hopes to have my new correct www.looksrule.com thank you message sent, I designated it as #3 contact form, but when I came back to the DB Technosystems ABVFP Administrator Area that number was now changed to #9. So I did the same procedure again with #3, and now again the number has changed on me so now I have forms #1,#2, #9,#10. Can I eliminate two of these four forms so I have only one form for www.gordonpatzer.com and one form for www.looksrule.com?

(3) Currently, I receive the same www.gordonpatzer.com thank you page for both my www.gordonpatzer.com website emailings and my www.looksrule.com website emailings, even though I have designed two different forms and even though I have published book forms with the first published under public_html and the second published under public_hmtl/looksrule. How or what do I change to have the correct thank you page form go to the corresponding website email senders?

Context: I have no idea where or what #1 contact form regards and I have no idea where or what #9 and #10 contact form regards. Currently, apparently aligned with #2 contact form, the www.gordonpatzer.com thank you page goes to email mail senders from both www.gordonpatzer.com and www.looksrule.com.

For #2 contact form, when I change all the www.gordonpatzer.com to www.looksrule.com in the DB Technosystems "form details" (e.g., domain name, form URL, Upload folder, your email address, you thankyou page URL, and your error page URL), then my newly designed www.looksrule.com thank you page goes to senders of both www.gordonpatzer.com and www.looksrule.com.

How do I get my www.gordonpatzer.com thank you message to go to emailers who send through my www.gordonpatzer.com contact page/form and get my www.looksrule.com thank you message to go to emailers who send through my www.looksrule.com contact page/form?

Thank you.

gordon787

Comment

You should NOT have edited the form nr 1 ( as you say , "and I then selected "1. Contract form" which takes me to the "Form Details" page which in the first line-box on the right of the page states: "Configuring Form Nr: 1.") . This, because your looksrule form is form nr 2 (at least that is what you have in your form). You see, the form id that BV assigns inside the page itself, is the number of the form IN THE PAGE, and has nothing to do with the Forn ID that ABVFP assigns (which, in this case, is 2) Further more, editing form 1 as you have done, has probably also caused problems to your gordonpatzer form because it now sends to the looksrule thank you page.

As a conclusion: the form id that you have as hidden field in your forms, is the one that counts for ABVFP. So the gordonpatzer form is nr 1, looksrule is nr 2. Enter the ABVFP CP and set the URLs correctly for the error and thank you pages for each form.

Also, i do NOT understand how comes that you have for BOTH sites, the same Formid nr, which is "2" for both. EACH form MUST have it's own separate setup and its own Formid (as hidden field)
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

navaldesign,

You are a wizard or miracle worker or some in-between combination. I appreciate greatly your assistance that you've provided me on my current ThankYou page problem (as well as the assistance you provided on an earlier ABVFP form problem that I had and that with your invaluable assistance was successfully resolved).

My current problem has now been resolved successfully with, as earlier, your invaluable assistance. I went into the VodaBlue forms and changed the Formid to be the correct #1 or #2 and THEN I also noticed that I had saved the forms incorrectly to my add-domain (I had forgotten to include "/looksrule" after public-html that I was using for my primary website. Bottom line, I have checked and re-checked the ThankYou page status through Internet Explorer and all is now working as intended.

Thank you again, thank you greatly, for help with solving another problem that has now been solved and closed.

Gordon

Comment

Working...
            X