Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid Question About Page Dimensions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Question About Page Dimensions...

Hi All,
    This is possibly the dumbest question ever, but I cannot seem to understand whether the default dimensions of 800 x 600 are standard for web pages and backgrounds? When I hit "preview", it looks just like on the builder, where the patten repeats vertically and horizontally. I obviously don't want it to look like that when published, but expanding the dimensions doesn't seem to help. Any advice?
    Duh,
    Thanks!
    Laurie Baratti
    # 19007

Re: Stupid Question About Page Dimensions...

Hi Laurie,

The background goes on, forever I guess, it is the content which you need to be concerned with keeping within the standards. For now, try just a simple colored background, and mess around with photos or patterns until you get the hang of it.
    Generally speaking, you are going to need a LARGE image to background a site without it repeating.

Good luck,

Comment

Re: Stupid Question About Page Dimensions...

In your sitebuilder, you can also go to Layout - Guide Settings, set the width and height to where you want it, and tick the box that says show guide borders. This will put a line around the area so you can be sure to stay within your preferred limits while building.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
      X