Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please info on how to close popup with java sentence

Hello dear friends,

I have been reading an old thread about how to make a simple popup window and I would like to have at the end or corner of this popup a text link with the word [Close] or maybe also a java button with the same word.

Can someone teach and show me the java script for closing this popup window ?
    I tried to put on the url....

#" onClick="window.close"

... to use similar instructions to the ones provided by navaldesign of how to create a popup window but it doesn't work,

Thanks in advance for the help,
    pipesportugal

Re: Please info on how to close popup with java sentence

Hi,

The solution is to make:

#" onClick="window.close()"

The window is now closing as it should.

Thanks,
    pipesportugal

Comment

Or, simply, use a small Advanced button (standard BV feature), make it On click, and select action type "Close Browser Window". It will do the job for you without coding.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello navaldesign,

Obviously I like this way more. Easier and better looking.

Thank You,
        pipesportugal

Comment

Hello,

How can I bring a variable(chosen by operator) back from the popup window ?

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions,

pipesportugal

Comment

??? can you please explain what you ned to do ?
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi good evening,

My idea is to have an autoregister form where my (future) customers can fill som information fields such as name, address, etc,etc

In this original form , there is one field called Commercial Area: that when clicked calls a popup window.

The idea of the popup is to give them information of which salesman follows up his zone, such as:

Postal code Comercial Area
              1.000 to 1.999 1 - Mr. Aaaaa Bbbbbb
              2.000 to 2.999 2 - Mr. Hhhhhhhh
              3.000 to 3.999 3 - Mr. Kkkkkk
              4.000 to 4.999 1 - Mr. Aaaaa Bbbbobb

etc

I would like that when the operator clicks on the salesman name to bring back to the field on the original form the salesman number and to display it in the correspondent field.

I have an idea which is to use POST to send all the variables from the original form --> to the popup window(which would be another form), and then POST them back from the popup window ---> to the original form with this new variable in the middle.

Is there a turnaround without all this labour ?

Thank You for bothering.

pipesportugal

Comment

And why should you do all the above ?

I mean, make the Salesman name field dependent from the postal code field. A soon as the user fills in his postal code, the salesman name field will be autofilled.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi navaldesign,

There has been a change on postal codes on Portugal.

We passed from a 4000 PORTO to 4000-321 PORTO just as an example.

Now there's a 7 digit postal code that most people hasn't memorised yet and a long transition time in which the placing of the old postal code will still be a warranty that the letter will be delivered.

Also not all the operators know it by head and they should ask someone or go consulting some phone bills or other documents where they could check his postal code.

This means a waste of time for him and I am already gratefull that he autoregisters himself, maybe he abandons the auto-registration if he's obliged to insert a perfect validated postal code. The bottom line is that I need these people to autoregister.

So, I will let it stay the way I imagined it at the begining which is:
                  After he registers, I (Admin) receive an autoemail warning, and then I go and correct/insert manually the salesman area (just 1 to 5).

It will be a lot of time consuming for me at the begining.

Thanks anyway,

pipesportugal

Comment

Working...
                  X