X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Message after submitting Form

Hi
    My current site is www.rvhliversupportgroup.co.uk

When I click on the Submit button on my Contact Us page to send info and go to the Thank You Page, I am getting the following error in a new window

"Not Found

The requested URL /action.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I have gone through the Form Building Tutorials until until my head hurts!

However, I cannot see what I have done wrong. Pages were published successfully. I can only assume I have done something wrong but I do not know what because I have been trying to sort this out for the last 3 hours.

I definitely need some help!

Regards

Re: Error Message after submitting Form

works ok for me, just tested it
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi
      Problem solved. I checked out a tutorial by ANDY128 and got everything working. In the BV tutorial it states that in the Action Field you need to type action.php. This is ok if you have named your Thank You page action.

ANDY128 pointed out that the Action Field should have contactpagename.php (where contactpagename is the name of your Thank You page).

Nowhere in the BV tutorial is this explained and to beginners like myself, it's frustrating.

Regards

Colin

Comment

Hi Navaldesign

Yes, now it does. Check out my previous posting. That is why.

Regards

Colin

Comment

Yes, you are correct. I just edited. However, the tutorial regards beginners, and as such, it provides step by step instructions, at times without explaining WHY you must proceed as described. So a new user is expected to do EXCACTLY as instructed. In fact, it says : Set the form action to be "action.php" and also "Save your thank you pages as "action".
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign

I see the point.

Kind Regards

Colin

Comment

Working...
            X