listbox or combo box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• listbox or combo box

hello, I am building a form that will have a list box or combo box with 4 choices:
    Choice 1
    Choice 2
    Choice 3
    other
    If the visitor chooses any of the first 3 choices, I would want him to be directed to the comment box. If the guest chooses the "other" choice, I want him to be directed to an box where he will identify where he got our name.
    the site i'm speaking about is
    videopostcards.info/tprpressaprint.html
    Do I have to put some type of code to achieve this?
    Appreciate the help,
    Mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Re: listbox or combo box

You should be using a "Go Menu" instead....you can direct the link to a bookmark, another web page, a downloadable file, or any other configurable destination.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

i want this to be part of the ABVFP form. If i use a go menu how can that be part of a form.
      mrmagoo144
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

A FORM is something you fill out, and creating ACTION or DIRECTION is a function ...... if that action is within the form, it must be the foundation of that form, either as a script or a definable "if/or" logical choice for the computer to make actionable: you cannot have action within action.

To otherwise display "choices" (or additional variables to a given set of data), you might find that a spider menu might mimic a deeper "list" but again, if you want that choice to be "directed" to another area, it will HAVE to be either a Go Menu (which you can list a lot of selections accordingly) or a Spidered Menu system ---- either of which will automatically deliver the visitor to wherever you elect them to land.
        That "destination" can be a bookmarked area on another page, a different page entirely, a different website, ---- whatever, as long as it is a definable destination configured in standard language protocols.
        IF you are trying to overcomplicate the Form itself by "jumping" to another area (as if to mimic 'auto-complete'), you are going to need a customized Java script to be written.......and you will need to present this Form precisely detailed to whomever you get to program it for you.

Understand?

Comment

yes, i understand clearly, who can give me that scripted form?
          thanks,
          mrmagoo144
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
            yes, i understand clearly, who can give me that scripted form? thanks, mrmagoo144
            Since you are using General Navaldesign's "Baby" (ABVFP), and he is our "Senior Programmer" I would think he would be the best shot you have of getting what you want done, and done right the first time. Email him directly via his website: www.DBTechnoSystems.com

Since his English may come into play somewhat, I re-emphasize your leaning heavily on being absolutely as precise and as brief as possible when detailing a step-by-step Plan for your Form. No need to frustrate either of you due to terminology or lack of clarity to illustrate the logical progressive functions required.....

Comment

It can be done, with Javascript. If interested, contact me through my site contact form.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/mrmagoo144/form.html
                If you select "Other" from the dropdown, the box will appear. ir will also
                autoclear itself when the user tries to type in, and will re-establish the
                deafault "Please ..." if any other selection is made again.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X