Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having a link problem please

hi, jase here with another question, my site www.surfselectsave.com

i have a locked directory with a form in it, which works fine, my trouble is trying to create the link back from the thankyou page, it keeps trying to stay in the locked private directory.

does any know how i can link back to my index page?

any ideas greatly appreciated, i am all out of em, thanks

Re: having a link problem please

Simply that: provide the link as to your defaulted index page of the main directory, www.surfselectsave.com
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

hey thanks for reply,

i have tried to link these ways:

---the auto browse find file----index(which normally would work)

---typing in www.surfselctsave.com

it does try to locate these addresses

but it throws in the private directory everytime, then i get 404error

on clicking link, it will pull up http://www.surfselectsave.com/private/index.html
      which doesnt exist

Comment

If your "private" area is only loaded with your "form" (if that is what you named it and loaded it as into this protected directory), and if that is ALL that is to resides in this protected area, you will need to re-name your "form" as index and re-publish it so....every directory needs to have an index to establish the root of that directory. Even if you have a forum, a blog, or whatever, the first "facing" page is always index....

So...once you clarify the "broken protocol" issue and create an index page for that directory, then your links will not be conflicted......IF you stop using autoFind and other browser tools that may or may not be set to navigate in semi-secure areas.

By directing your link back to the other index page (the facing page of www.surfselectsave.com) you are merely moving between different URL's, as you might be able to see the sub-directory more clearly www. surfselectsave.com/private/

In any event, you need to create an index page for your "private" directory, either entirely or by simple re-naming.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thanks very much, that clears heaps up in my head, i thought i could create an index page in new directory, but didnt want to risk stuffing up the original, i thought this cause i could copy form ty page over and not affect the original, now i know i actually have to, thanks

so, i will try that, then link from index page to index page? i will see if that works, dont know then how did i manage to get from original to new directory? anyways thanks, if this doesnt work i will just open new directory in a new window, this will solve problem aswell hey, just close and youre back?

appeciate your reply and help

Comment

Working...
          X