Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

went from number 1 on google to 837 overnight ..any one know why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went from number 1 on google to 837 overnight ..any one know why?

Hello I am new at this..I put my site up about a month ago www.nursingschoolstore.com Last week when I searched google for the terms nursing school store it came up at number 1. The other day I checked it and now its at 837. I dropped for some other key searches as well. Any Idea why this happens
    Thanks John

Re: went from number 1 on google to 837 overnight ..any one know why?

I did notice that on the home page under the Help Desk, there is a green bar link. I can't read what the link says, because you can see part of the code "double click to edit" overtop of it.

Also from the menu bar "*******" has no link to a ******* page. When tested from all pages, there is no link. However if you are on Accessories page, a mouseover shows on *******, but when you click the link, it goes right back to the Accessories page, not showing *******, but Powerpoint etc.

I don't know if these are considered broken links by Google, or errors of some sort. I'm sure one of the Moderators can advise on that.
    www.reikiforhorses.ca
    Balance Your Horse's Energy For Self-Healing
    www.lucynixon.ca
    Reiki For Pets and Their People
    www.ufindahorse.com
    Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by john777 View Post
      Hello I am new at this..I put my site up about a month ago www.nursingschoolstore.com Last week when I searched google for the terms nursing school store it came up at number 1. The other day I checked it and now its at 837. I dropped for some other key searches as well. Any Idea why this happens
      Thanks John
      John-
      when I ran your url through this link, you still show as #1...
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks...I didn't realize broken links could affect that. I am still getting it all together and on a daily basis I am changing things. I will fix these promblems right away and see what happens.
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
          John-
          when I ran your url through this link, you still show as #1...
          Yea i tried that and it has yahoo at 28 google at not in the top 100
          where did you look? Also I like that link have you used that sites tools?
          John

Comment

Originally posted by john777 View Post
            Yea i tried that and it has yahoo at 28 google at not in the top 100
            where did you look? Also I like that link have you used that sites tools?
            John
            In the link I gave you, enter your home page url where it says enter url, and then click check. In a few seconds it'll come back with lots of info.

Look down where it says search engine inclusion and you can see where you are ranked at the moment. click on the rank number and it will show you what is coming up..

It also says they find no broken links on your home page, at least - I didn't run any of your other pages through it.

I use this site to check each page in the sites I am making - there are others available, but I find this most useful for me.
            You will see that it is current, as the rankings will do not stay the same all the time.

Play around with it - it is really handy..
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com
            www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Cool thanks..hey what is search engine inclusion? when i used to type the search terms nursing school store into the google search engine it would come up number one now it's in the 800's. Is that the same as what you are showing me? I like your site the party looks really fun - good job!
              John
              www.nursingschoolstore.com

Comment

Google has several "centers" - so while you could be high on one, you could be low on another - eventually you should be about the same on all of them. But I don't find you number 1 - so it could be what country some of you are checking in - or that tool isn't doing it's job and is showing old information.

Google, when it first found you - might have shown you up there - but then moved you back. That happens frequently - and now it's up to you to do the work and have the right seo for them to slowly move you back up.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Ok thanks for the information..I also had some bad links wich I just fixed and I want to get a site map up..any other suggestions? Thanks JOhn

Comment

Went from 837 back to number 1 overnight

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that gave me input and helped get me back to number 1.

Heres what I did
                    I fixed all the broken links
                    I put the keywords nursing school store in another spot on my home page
                    I submitted a site map to google

The next day everything was back to normal.

Thanks again,
                    John
                    www.nurisngschoolstore.com

Comment

Re: Went from 837 back to number 1 overnight

John, this should have been posted to your existing thread on the same subject - so I'm moving it there. And, there is no normal in Google's world :)
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth,
                        I love thoes toddler desk on your site..might have to pick one up for my son..John

Comment

TY John. They really are nice!
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello I have been reading this thread and I followed the link given by Larazovich and put in my url and it has come up with 75 html warnings. I am not sure why and I hoping someone can help me out.

Many thanks
                            Darren

Comment

Fairly standard Darren when building through BV, don't worry too much about it.
                              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                              X