Hover Ads fall in behind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hover Ads fall in behind.

I have a "Hover Ad" in my website to get people to answer a survey that I have.

My problem is this:

On some of my pages it works great! Such as my homepage but it falls in behind of some of my pages such as my coffee gift baskets page.

I contacted the support people about this and got the following reply:

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your email. The cause of the problem is 2 things:

1. z-index on all your images, this causes images to appear on top of each other and my set the hover ad to appear behind your website. You may need to remove or adjust these on your site. To learn more about that code on your site, please visit:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_pos_z-index.asp

2. HTML code is not coded correctly, check yout HTML tags. It seems like there are multipe <html> and </html> tags which can also cause this error.

I cannot seem to change the html in Blue Voda so I need help in fixing this!

Also, when I was doing a page in Blue Voda I could not type any quotes (") it kept giving me the french accented e and E. I have a new computer (with Vista) so maybe I did something with it? Anyone know how to fix this cause it is pain when trying to type stuff. No punctuation seems to work with it. ()/"[] nothing! Strange stuff.

Thanks for any help!

Chris
    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Re: Hover Ads fall in behind.

Your content of that code is set to be underneath the website. (sorta like layers - as if you built that ad first and then built the rest of the stuff ontop of your site).

Don't just add an HTML box.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Yeah I know it is behind the website, that is the whole problem!

Don't just add an HTML box.
      What do you mean by that???
      My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

JavaScript code can be inserted either in the head of the document (between the <head> and </head> tags) or in the body (between the <body> and </body> tags). It is a good idea to always place JavaScript code in the head if you can.

<html><head><title>My Page</title>
        <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
        function myFunction() {
        alert('Hello world');
        }
        </script>
        </head>
        <body>
        <a href="javascript:myFunction();">Click here</a>
        </body>
        </html>

Since the head loads before the body, placing code in the head ensures that it is available when needed. For example, the following code will work once the page has completely loaded.

<html><head><title>My Page</title>
        </head>
        <body>
        <a href="javascript:myFunction();">Click here</a>
        <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
        function myFunction() {
        alert('Hello world');
        }
        </script>
        </body>
        </html>
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

The code is in between my head tags.

For the one on my homepage (that works fine) this is "between head tag":
          <script> var checkInstallMsg=false;</script>
          <script language="Javascript" src="Hoverad.js"></script>
          <script language="Javascript" src="HoveradEditorFunctions.js"></script>

Than the rest is in the "end of body" tag:

<!--StartHoverAdPopupScript -->
          <div id="dropin" style="position:absolute; left:200px; top:100px; visibility: hidden;">
          <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" id="tbl" style="border:thick ridge #CCCCCC">
          <tr>
          <td>
          <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"id="tbl_inn">
          <tr>
          <td height="12" valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" style="cursor:hand">
          <div align="right"><a href="#" onClick="dismissbox();return false" style="font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size: 10px;">[<u>Close</u>]
          </a></div>
          </td></tr><tr>
          <td colspan="2" valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" id="dragtext" style="padding:4px"><table bgcolor="#ffffff" width=100&#37; height=100%><tr><Td><script> setDelayTime(0) </script>
          <H1 align=center>Answer Our Quick Survey Now</H1>
          <H1 align=center>To</H1>
          <H1 align=center>&nbsp;<FONT
          style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00">Receive 5% off your purchase</FONT></H1>
          <H1 align=center>from</H1>
          <H1 align=center>My Coffee Gourmet!</H1>
          <P align=center>Help us help you <FONT
          style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e0e0">now </FONT>and in the future</P>
          <P align=center>by answering our quick two minute survey
          about</P>
          <P align=center>your visit to My Coffee Gourmet.</P>
          <P align=center>You will receive a <FONT
          style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00">5% off coupon by return email</FONT> valid for
          your next purchase</P>
          <P align=center>from My Coffee Gourmet!</P>
          <P align=center>In addition, you will be added to our News
          and Information Newsletter mailing list</P>
          <P align=center>where you will receive updates on new
          products, promotions and even more offers!</P>
          <P align=center>You may of course un-subscribe at any time,
          but why would you want to?</P>
          <P align=center><STRONG><FONT size=5><A
          href="http://www.mycoffeegourmet.com/survey.php">Answer our Survey
          Now!</A></FONT></STRONG></P>
          <P align=center><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
          <P align=center>My Coffee Gourmet respects your privacy, we
          will not sell nor share your information with anyone.For more information please
          view our <A href="http://www.mycoffeegourmet.com/privacy.php">privacy
          policy</A>.</P>
          <script> runtimer(0);runBlink(); </script></td></tr></table></td>
          </tr>
          </table>
          </td></tr></table>
          </div>
          <BGSOUND id= "BGSOUND_ID" LOOP=1>
          <script>
          if (!(navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" && (navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf('opera' )==-1)))
          {
          if (navigator.plugins)
          {
          for (i=0; i < navigator.plugins.length; i++ )
          {
          if (navigator.plugins[i].name.indexOf("QuickTime") >= 0)
          {
          document.write('<embed src="ding.wav" autostart=false hidden=true name= "sound1" enablejavascript= "true" height=0 width=0>');
          document.write('<embed src="hoveradFirefoxsound.swf" autostart=false hidden=true name= "sound2" enablejavascript="true" height=0 width=0>');
          break;
          } } } } </script>
          <script language="Javascript">
          DropIn('#FFFFFF','Microsoft Sans Serif',14,'#000000','abc','147','467','67','67','# 804000','dashed',1,0,true)
          </script>
          <!--EndtHoverAdPopupScript -->

Now I put the same code on the tea page and it will not work. That is why I am so puzzled here!

Thanks for your help so far!

Comment

Working...
          X