Using adobe image ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using adobe image ready

Hello I'm trying to put some rollover buttons I made in adobe image ready into blue voda. Can anyone help with this? I can't get them to work in bluevoda.
    Thanks John

Re: Using adobe image ready

Hey,

If you're using Photoshop, you will need to hide the mouse over effect layers. Save it for web (export).

Now that you exported the button, you will want to hide the button layeres and show the mouse over layers. You can now export that (Save for web).

Good luck!
    P.S. Make sure they are the same size or it won't look good.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thanks Jeremy,
      I'm a little confused still... when you say save for web (export) thoes are two different options for me but you make them sound as if they are the same..

thanks John

Comment

Hi John,

In Imageready you can export only as .psd or.bmp. BV does not support .psd

After completing your images import them into Adobe Photoshop [as the program is installed together]

From Photoshop "save for the web" as ".gif, .png or .jpg".

Remember always only gif and png supports transparent functions in BV, Jpg photos does not.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Ok so I saved my files as gifs and opened them up in image ready and applied the rollover effect . I then saved optimized as and previewed in the browser and everything was working.

I then opened it up in blue voda as an html file but when I preview it in BV I have to click on it first for it to become an active rollover.

Anyone know where i'm going wrong?
          Thanks,
          JOhn

Comment

Originally posted by john777 View Post
            Thanks Jeremy,
            I'm a little confused still... when you say save for web (export) thoes are two different options for me but you make them sound as if they are the same..

thanks John
            Same thing bud! .. if you're using Photoshop its Save for Web and if its other programs like Fireworks its Export.
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Oh Ok thank you!..now Jeremy if I save the first witout rollover for web it creates a html doc. And when I save it again ( with the rollover button)it creates another html doc. So now Is where I get stuck.( is this even where i'm supposed to be?)..how do I bring them into blue voda? Thanks man - Great site by the way!
              John

Comment

Image instead.

I have ADOBE CS3 EXTENDED EDITION so I am not sure how it is for you on your edition, it might be the same or a little different, here's a screenshot...

Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

yea i have cs2 9.0 ..If i save for web it creates an html doc. I can save the image as a jpeg or gif or whatever it still is going to create an html doc if I save it for web. Also when you say hide the mouseover button and save - all i'm doing to hide it is clicking off the eye icon that displays the layer..is this correct.. Thanks for all your help
                  John
                  www.nursingschoolstore.com

Comment

Yes,

You don't want to see the mouse over effect because you want to save the first ones first. It doesnt matter if it makes an html file as long as you get the jpg's.

Once you did the first buttons, hide them and take out the mouse overs and save those for web.
                    Best regards,
                    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thanks alot Jeremy, if you have time can you tell me what to do after I have saved both my jpges..what do I do in BV..
                      John

Comment

Hey,

1. Open > BlueVoda

2. Open the existing page or create a new page

3. On the left there is an icon that says 'Rollover' > Click it

4. Browse > for the first button

5. Then you will need to Browse > for the mouse over effect button.

6. Type in > the link

Tada!
                        Best regards,
                        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Awesome ! - Thanks for everything Jeremy!
                          John

Comment

Working...
                          X