New site and first try - please comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site and first try - please comment

Well, here it is and please be constructive.

Last edited by alkay; 12-05-2005, 12:17 AM. Reason: Forgot the link!

Re: New site and first try - please comment

Looks great! =)

The only thing that struck me as something I might make a suggestion on would be about the spinning title... "weddings & events"... I would maybe make the font for those words an easier to read font since it's spinning. I think maybe a font with the letters a little more spaced apart. It was hard for me to make it out, especially while spinning. I figured it out, of course, but I just had trouble making the letters out clearly on that part of the title. But, it could be just me.

Otherwise, looks nice! Love the colors! =)

Julie S.
    www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Thanks Julie,
      I have had some say the Australian theme isn't necessary but I am targeting overseas business as well as local.
      Also had negatives re coloured background and fonts.
      Any other comments?
      Kay

Comment

What kind of comments are you looking for? People often ask to review their site but do give specifics. For example, I right away noticed a horizontal scroll bar, a big errantant, but no big deal. Do you want comments on is you page optimized? or does your page look pleasing to the eye? I am not trying to give you a hard time, but as you progress people begin to see things differently.

I can give you the thumbs up for doing a good job. pet121

Comment

Thanks pet121,
          I see what you mean.
          Firstly, on a whole, does it look professional? Does it give you the impression that the business is what it says it is? etc.
          Do you find it too busy or colours too 'in your face'.
          That sort of critique.
          Kay

Comment

Originally posted by alkay
            Thanks pet121,
            I see what you mean.
            Firstly, on a whole, does it look professional? Does it give you the impression that the business is what it says it is? etc.
            Do you find it too busy or colours too 'in your face'.
            That sort of critique.
            Kay

Take a good look at a similiar website. Some of your pages have the horizontal scroll bar some don't. I think the colours are fine. These are tough questions. Does the site look professional? well yes to a certain degree. I would change you images on the top of the page to better reflect the service you are providing. You want to pull people into your site. Sometimes just having a good clean site often works best. What I mean by this is normal text such as verana, arial, and roman numeral.

What is your goal with this site? make money? it is possible. People tend to follow this falacy slap a site together throw it up on the internet and make some extra cash. It doesn't always work that way. But it can, I am doing okay with my 1/4 of a site. All it takes is commitment to learn. Believe me, and don't be discouraged but there is alot to learn.

But for a first attempt a building a website I would give you full marks. You know how to operate the Blue Voda program which in itself will bring you potential. Now follow your dream and stay on coarse! pet121

Comment

Here is an example of a clean site with easy to read text like Pet was talking about. You could easily set your site up this way with Blue Voda.

http://www.afairytale-wedding.com/

However, don't sacrifice your own personality and individual creativity. It's your site and you should certainly reflect yourself! =)

Julie S.
              www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Originally posted by alkay
                Well, here it is and please be constructive.

http://www.yourdayevents.net
                Well done! It's informative and lovely. I like the spinny-round title!

Amanda

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Julie S.
                  Here is an example of a clean site with easy to read text like Pet was talking about. You could easily set your site up this way with Blue Voda.

http://www.afairytale-wedding.com/

However, don't sacrifice your own personality and individual creativity. It's your site and you should certainly reflect yourself! =)

Julie S.
                  I agree a very clean site with lots of potential. Great job!

Comment

Hi Kay!

I see that you changed your rotating subtitle and made it easier to read.

Perfect!

I actually like your pink background... it's very feminine. =)

(My site has lots of pink too...)

I think your site looks very nice and distinctive from other sites as far as just looking at it on the surface. (I haven't analyzed your keywords or anything... Pet121 is good at that stuff.)

Did you use a picture resizer or compress your photos? I just ask cuz they seem to load slowly (that could also be our internet service tho - it does that sometimes). It's always a good idea to compress your photos so that they load quickly even for people on dial-up service. I compressed mine in Microsoft Picture Manager, but there is also a Pic Resizer Tool available through Vodahost here: http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm

Julie S.
                    www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Thanks Julie,
                      I am glad you like it. As for the pics, I have resized, but will check out the link you gave me and see if something better can be done.
                      Kay

Comment

Hi Kay

Loved your website. Uluru caught my eye and made me read more of your website. Only thing I am not fussed on is the pink background and the pictures are in a grid and so the pattern doesn't flow. That to me was the only downside.

Other than that it was a defo thumbs up.

Well done.

Regards

Chris
                        www.freecybermag.com
                        Print it, Read it, Share it.

Comment

Thank you everyone, Site has been re-vamped. Please comment.

Comment

Working...
                          X