Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please give your honest criticism of my site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please give your honest criticism of my site.

Hello,

I created a site, mainly aimed towards moms. Please check it out and give some advice on what you think.

I appreciate honesty more that "niceness".

Thank you,
    Gretchen

Re: Please give your honest criticism of my site.

Hi Private Gretchen,

I'm kindda new here and perhaps 'unqualified' enough to critique :)
    but since you insist on a fair play, I'm interested to participate. Rather
    than criticising, I would love to comment.

I think that your site is a bit 'not easy' to navigate. I have to scroll left and right to view your entire page. Perhaps you would consider to make it fits nicely?? Maybe to adjust the width? so the viewers can view the entire page in one scroll.

Other than that, all seems fine to me. Allright, that's it.. easy navigation.

Good luck!~

Comment

you are off to a great start ... well done ...

I agree about the width ... most websites are between 800 to 1000 max wide ... I also suggest centring your pages in the browser ... right click on an empty part of the page, select page properties and select the centre in browser box and republish ...
      kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Gretchen
        Nice site, really filled with useful info, lots of work!

Okay, some comments for you.

Ditto the size of the page
        . In order to accomodate the very most visitors your width should not exceed 800, 1000 at most. I am not seeing a lot of side scroll, but just enough to be annoying, as links either on the right or left are cut in half for me unless I scroll...grrr.

Page Titles
        - not to be confused with the names with which you saved the pages. Your page titles should say what the page is about, so that someone looking for your particular info can find them. For instance, your Baby Freebie has the title of www.momsallstop.com/babyfreebies. Somebody searching for this would be more likely to search for baby freebies, rather than www.momsallstop.com/babyfreebies. So, for instance you could title your page Baby Freebies at Mom's All Stop so you get your good key word and your name in the title.

Home page - On your home page I would put a little blurb of what your site is - a wonderful resource for busy Mom's. The first thing that catches my eye when I look it is the rotating ad smack in the middle on the top, and that makes me feel like the site is yet another place with a get rich quick scheme somewhere...
        Also, you have used a bold font throughout, giving the impression of hard-sell, or shouting, probably not what an overworked busy harrassed Mom wants to see..

Color-
        This is purely personal taste, but there is something about the color combination that feels off to me. I think it might be the color of the links - dark blue / purple when visited on the pink background. This combined with the red category headlines is a bit much. On second thought, perhaps changing the background color of the menu boxes would even it out a bit.. like maybe a pale green more than the center box but less than the logo..
        I don't know, but as I say, this is purely personal preference..

This site has great depth - you have included so much information.. well done Gretchen.

Good Luck.
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I just want to thank everyone who gave me an opinion of my site. I loved your observations and very much so appreciate them. I've been fixing the site, one page at a time, and hope to have it done soon.

Thank you again,
          Gretchen

Comment

Congratulations on a Great site, Gretchen! So much good information! Whatever changes you made, it's easy to read now. I didn't see it before.

Deet

Comment

Gretchen -
              Nice changes, looking good ...
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com
              www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
              X