domain name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain name

I just send the offline form just today, is a great felling i know a made the right choice, maybe three or four day more and i get all the features in my bluevoda, i have a question about domain name check, is there a site where i can see if the name i have chosen is allready in use

Re: domain name

Easy question:)
    -Type the name and browse internet
    -Or check this site http://www.vodahostdomains.com/ it even gives you alternates if your name is taken.
    Cheers,
    Quyhurry

Comment

yes you are right, it is an easy question, and i have a lot of them, thanks for your replay, by the way who knows if i can use the same template to build my whole site, i was trying to use the same template to build my second page but the template it just desappear it is not any more to find on my lap, if i click on it i get a message that the file may be corrup or invalid....please one of the maderators i need an answer....

Comment

Yes, you can use the same template to build your whole site.
        Re-download template then if it's corrupted.
        When I want to use the same background template for second page, I open page properties of the first one, click on background and copy the text of the file in "image" slot. Then I open a blank (second) page, open page properties and paste the text in the image slot. Hit OK. I've got the same background for both pages.
        Also you may copy and paste navigation bar, images from the previous page to the next one. Hyperlinks will come along and save you lot of times.
        In case of HTML templates (whole templates) you can open new page by using "from existing HTML page", choose Local (on this computer) and browse for the right HTML template that you already downloaded from BV. Repeat as many times as wishes to make subsequent pages.
        Happy to be some help:) Wish you fun.
        Quyhurry

Comment

Oh thanks for your help, i am doing my best, this time i have the felling that i can i am following all the tutorials, and advices too..

one maybe easy question more, my site is a personal initiative for an informative site, and i wonder if i can use .org as a domain even if i am not (yet) an organisation, but looking at the future maybe becomes one, is a non profit project.

Comment

You're welcome Julia:)
            In my opinion, .com or .org is only conventional. There's is no rules, just common sense. In your case, I think .org fits better because it's only for informative purposes and non-for-profit.
            .com is more for commercial purposes.
            Please feel free to ask more...easy questions!
            Cheers
            Quyhurry

Comment

Working...
            X