Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naming or linking problem

I am a very beginner web builder.
    www.mongolhiking.org and http://www.mongolhiking.org/morephotos.html is linked well, but I used Go menu on the above page to go several third pages like http://www.mongolhiking.org/morephotos/11-15-07.html and NO LINKs, what I did wrong?
    www.mongolhiking.org
    www.test4life.org

Re: naming or linking problem

Originally posted by brsn View Post
    I am a very beginner web builder.
    www.mongolhiking.org and http://www.mongolhiking.org/morephotos.html is linked well, but I used Go menu on the above page to go several third pages like http://www.mongolhiking.org/morephotos/11-15-07.html and NO LINKs, what I did wrong?
    Are you naming your pages 11-15-07 ? exactly like that?

Also, when you go from your more photos page to these links you have set them to open as pop-ups. You need to change this as it is extremely offputting as most people do not allow pop ups and have pop up's blocked.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

not exactly to name in numbers, I can change it. How to avoid pop-up's, the aim is to have links to multiple pages with photo galleries, not sure what program is best in this case? Tnx.
      www.mongolhiking.org
      www.test4life.org

Comment

Hi Brsn,

Using the Go Menu

It is better to be specific when you name the link.
        The name has to relate to the activity at the end of the link.

Click on "Bakar's Orchid Gallery" at the bottom of this thread
        to see how I use the Go Menu for my orchid albums.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I have a question, too. Do we need to register a domain and put that into the URL of our webpage to link pages in the same file on our computer or is that issue taken care of when loading pages in the FTP stage?
          For example, when I have to type in the hyperlink url, do I type...
          http//:https://www.jeffersoncountyhealthdep..._services.html

or

htp//:C:my_computer_location/clinical_services.html

thanks
          kc

Comment

Originally posted by kacienoonan View Post
            I have a question, too. Do we need to register a domain and put that into the URL of our webpage to link pages in the same file on our computer or is that issue taken care of when loading pages in the FTP stage?
            For example, when I have to type in the hyperlink url, do I type...
            http//:www.jeffersoncountyhealthdepartmentwv.org/C:my_computer_location/clinical_services.html

or

htp//:C:my_computer_location/clinical_services.html

thanks
            kc

When you publish your website, all your links will have to pertain to your domain name, so yes, use that for the hyperlink url, unless you then wanted to go around to all your hyperlinks and change them ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I am in bigger trouble than I thought. I went back to see the name of my page and it was simply "clinical.bvp", so do I need to rename this: www.jeffersoncountyhealthdepartmentwv.clinical or do I leave www off? I know to leave the html part off as bluevoda adds that on. I will need to go though all my pages and change the name of my page link as well. For example, this link is on environmetal services, which again I only labeled as environmental_services.bvp., I need to change my link on that page to jeffersoncountyhealthdepartmentwv.org/clinical.bvp, yes? Then do the same for environmental_services.bvp?

I went ahead and downloaded the pages to the cpanel, I think.

Comment

If your page is called clinical then when you want to link to it from your site you just add /clinical.html after the domain bit.

Forget about .bvp this is just what the program saves them as in your server account.

So when naming a page to make it just give it a name such as clinical

then do as I say above and it should all link up.
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

okay, I am thorougly confused. I now can't change the name of my file and I see in the links it is named starting with the C drive... C://MyDesktop/... so how is a string of file names supposed to work in relation to one another?

Comment

Originally posted by kacienoonan View Post
                    okay, I am thorougly confused. I now can't change the name of my file and I see in the links it is named starting with the C drive... C://MyDesktop/... so how is a string of file names supposed to work in relation to one another?
                    Kacie, I have sent you an email, you sound very confused and I am offering you free help if required. It might be better to do this via email if you like.

Comment

Okay, Marinky, I think I did that origionally. It still isn't showing on the Internet...

I downloaded in my home/nhcmynix the pages and pictures I used to create the pages, and then I uploaded them to the public_html but no site shows on the Internet:(

Comment

Thank you Marinky. I hope to get your email soon. Just in case, my email is beautifulwestvirginia******.com

Comment

Working...
                        X