Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with our Article Directory website

Hello Vodahost

I have finished our website > www.article-biz.com > an article directory where an author can publish their articles.

Everytime the author register at our website, they should have received an email contain with password which enable them to make an access to member area and submit their articles.

But the problem is they never receive such emails somehow. I also try the "Forgot Password", but no email coming.

I myself have tried the same script at another host (my friend's website) and it works well.
    We manage to receive email with password. You can check here http://article.borehbali.com

I assume, there probably something problem with vodahost that cause the script could not send the email, you may also try to register yourself to check it through.

I appreciate much your advice on this matter.
    Thank you in anticipation.

Agus Made
    www.article-biz.com

Re: Problem with our Article Directory website

Please make sure your script is sending email with smtp authentication.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand. How to do that?

I try install another article script, the problem is the same.

I also install Help Center Live from Fantastico CPanel (see http://www.article-biz.com/help ), then I try to submit a new ticket, oh no, the problem is the same. The email with ticket id never came into my mailbox.

Please advice. Thank you.

Agus Made
      www.article-biz.com
      Last edited by VodaHost; 12-14-2005, 12:27 PM.

Comment

The script should have a function that will allow you to send email with smtp. Please
        consult the scripts operational manual for this.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

OK. Thanks. But I'm still confused.

I try install another script from fantastisco cpanel, the problem is the same.

I install Help Center Live (see http://www.article-biz.com/help ), then I try to submit a new ticket, the problem is the same. The email with ticket id never came into my mailbox.

Then, I also install PostNuke (see http://www.article-biz.com/portal ), then I try to register as a new user, oh no, again, the problem is the same. The email with password never came into my mailbox.

My email don't have a problem. I try send an email from eudora, the email arrive.

Please advice again. Thank you.

Agus Made
          www.article-biz.com
          Last edited by VodaHost; 12-14-2005, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Have you set up the email accounts in your control panel and configured them correctly.
            All our scripts work fine for 1000's of other members.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I have no problem with the email.

I'm very confused right now, why this happen...

So, could you please re-setup my account? I have backup all data. I will try to install the script again after you re-setup my hosting.

Thanks
              Made

Comment

Ok, no problem. Please click the link below to make an official reset request...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello Again

Thanks for re-setup my account.

Then, I have tried again to install the article directory script, BUT the problem is still the same, the email confirmation never sent out after someone signed up. Check it www.article-biz.com

Let me explain...

I'm not a newbie. I know my email have no problem. I know the script have no problem.

For sure and comparison, I have installed the same script in another host. Please check www.sisnetwork.org . This is working fine. Please try to signup with your email, then check your mailbox. The confirmation email should be coming after you signup.

Many webmasters use the same script to build their article directory and working fine. E.g. www.articledashboard.com , www.articlefusion.com , www.articlesphere.com, and more. You can check the complete list here http://www.after5webdesign.com/direc...ndex.php?c=473

BUT, ARTICLE-BIZ.com is NOT WORKING FINE. WHY THIS HAPPEN TO MY WEBSITE? WHAT & WHERE IS THE PROBLEM EXACTLY ?

I couldn't continue this project because of this problem.

Please Please Please check again your host and find the way how to solve the problem. Please help.

Thanks
                  Agus Made

Comment

Please make sure your script is sending email with smtp authentication. Can you do
                    this? Does your script allow this? Our server have a lot more security on them than
                    most other hosting compaines.

There are many many mass produced "freebie" scripts that will not work on
                    our servers, so please make your script is sending email with smtp authentication.
                    Last edited by VodaHost; 12-23-2005, 12:52 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Please open a ticket with your login details and I will look for you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by agusmade
                        Hello Again

Thanks for re-setup my account.

Then, I have tried again to install the article directory script, BUT the problem is still the same, the email confirmation never sent out after someone signed up. Check it www.article-biz.com

Let me explain...

I'm not a newbie. I know my email have no problem. I know the script have no problem.

For sure and comparison, I have installed the same script in another host. Please check www.sisnetwork.org . This is working fine. Please try to signup with your email, then check your mailbox. The confirmation email should be coming after you signup.

Many webmasters use the same script to build their article directory and working fine. E.g. www.articledashboard.com , www.articlefusion.com , www.articlesphere.com, and more. You can check the complete list here http://www.after5webdesign.com/direc...ndex.php?c=473

BUT, ARTICLE-BIZ.com is NOT WORKING FINE. WHY THIS HAPPEN TO MY WEBSITE? WHAT & WHERE IS THE PROBLEM EXACTLY ?

I couldn't continue this project because of this problem.

Please Please Please check again your host and find the way how to solve the problem. Please help.

Thanks
                        Agus Made
                        www.article-biz.com
                        Please note that the mail() function, which is usually used in most scripts for sending emails, is disabled in Vodahost. So, to acheive sending an email, you will have to use a script capable of smtp autentication. So the problem is not the script itself, or the Vodahost setup, but the combination of the two.

If you don't use smtp autentication, the email will never get to you, unless it is an email address of your Vodahost account . But that's not enough. Indeed, the autoresponder part of the script, which should send the response email containing the password, can't be sent.

So, unless you can customize your script to work with smtp autentication, you will have no luck.

There is though a possibility - depends on the script, which i don't know.

The registering form keeps the visitors email as a variable. If the script has, or can be set to have, an email notification to you when a new visitor registers, then you can set an autoresponder for your email account used in the script (remember: it must be an email address within your Vodahost account, not an external email) . In the message the autoresponder sends as a response to the new registration email, you can include the password the visitor must use.

It's a bit of triky but it will solve the problem.

Ultimate option: get the mail () function enabled on your account
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                        X