Only in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only in America

Some of you folks might think Im a bit of Grinch or a Scrooge type character.
    But let me tell you, There are a lot worse people than me out there.

Only in America do we have Christmas Grinches. Politically correct muppets
    who try to remame christmas trees "Holiday Trees" and change Christmas
    vacation into "Winter Break".

The list is endless....

1) No Xmas songs in public schools
    2) No nativity seens in public places
    3) etc...., etc...

The question is why do we have this problem only in America?

The UK, Australia, New Zealand etc... Are just as culturally diverse societies
    as us and they don’t seem to have any problems at all whatsoever, why do
    we make such a big stink about a fat guy in a red suite that wants to give
    away free stuff to little kids?

Monty

Re: Only in America

Sorry, but you are wrong! The UK is getting just as bad. In parts of London (esp Hackney where I work) we have 'Holiday lights' in the streets which are on from Ramadam in October to the Chinese New Year in Feb! In Birmingham (I think it was last year) the council refused to let posters go up advertising a Carol Service in a local church in case it offended people of different faiths!

I work in a culturally diverse environment - we make arrangements for Ramadam etc, yet somehow feel we have to apologise for celebrating Christian events! My Muslim staff have no problem with Christmas - they send me Christmas cards, and often give their children presents so they don't feel left out.

Sorry - you got me on my soapbox on this one too! One can be too politically correct!!

Trish
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1
      Sorry, but you are wrong! The UK is getting just as bad. In parts of London (esp Hackney where I work) we have 'Holiday lights' in the streets which are on from Ramadam in October to the Chinese New Year in Feb! In Birmingham (I think it was last year) the council refused to let posters go up advertising a Carol Service in a local church in case it offended people of different faiths!

I work in a culturally diverse environment - we make arrangements for Ramadam etc, yet somehow feel we have to apologise for celebrating Christian events! My Muslim staff have no problem with Christmas - they send me Christmas cards, and often give their children presents so they don't feel left out.

Sorry - you got me on my soapbox on this one too! One can be too politically correct!!

Trish
      You are absolutely right Trish.I'm in the UK too but the idiots who get these jobs in local councils and positions of public influence will NEVER beat us!I too work in a cultural and racially diverse envioronment and i get christmas cards off my asian friends and look forward to them telling me all about ramadan and eidd(sorry if thats wrong spelling),so why is it that we should suffer at the hands of these jokers?Stuff the lot of them.

Comment

Wow, it's so good (and at the same time disappointing) to know that the U.S. is not the only place going a bit too far with that stuff.

Julie S.
        www.hanalynn.com

Comment

and the newest today....going too far

Homeland Security in the USA has listed a children's petting zoo as a at risk site, yet failed to include Times Square, the Empire State Building the Brooklyn Bridge or the Statue of Liberty as a national icon or monument.

"vulnerable critical infrastructure and key resources included the Old MacDonald's Petting Zoo near Huntsville, Ala., a bourbon festival, a bean festival and the Kangaroo Conservation Center in Dawsonville, Ga."
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

comer******m!

im a afraid its all about money at the end of the day santa and his elves i.e celebrating christ dont make the money its the shops being open 24/7 to sell us what we think we want no no! you dont want a real tree you want this more expensive politicly correct plastic tree save the enviroment hey or is that put more money in our pockets mmm

councils are all in it for the money i.e they play the politicily correct card when it suits because all the shopkeepers want to be open all the time and all the bussineses look after the politicians so they must blah blah blah

i need a lie down, its one day to celebrate christ the other religions get lots of days to do this look at the chinese new year millions of people in our country flock to china towns all over to join in does any one join in with us any more? no they dont, now im going to cry.
            The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
            Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Damm it's good to live ina third world country...at least in JA we are really good about stuff like that although in recent years I have noticed the X-mas shopping ads start earlier....commerce at work again.
              Beezz
              sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X