Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

more than one business account on PayPal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more than one business account on PayPal?

Here is my problem. I have two sites that I want to use PayPal to pay with. But the PayPal buttons on my second site go to my PayPal page and display my first sites name at the top. How can I change it to read the title of my second site and then return shopping to my second site?
    Here are my sites in order
    scrollartbybruce.com
    k-2indianpotterybarn.com

Thanks in advance
    katt

Re: more than one business account on PayPal?

You cant. Thats the limitation of freebie accounts. You need two paypal accounts if they even LET you do that any more.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

PayPal allows "members" to have one personal account and one business account, and stipulates the following (straight from the PayPal website):
      PayPal allows members to have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account. However, each PayPal account must contain unique email addresses and financial information. You may upgrade your account at any time.

However, if you drill in closely, you should see the obvious solution offered with the Premier Business account, which allows multiple Users, multiple "identity invoicing", and even single interfacing with a pre-existing payment gateway.
      > What this means is if you are a bona-fide business (or wish to posture yourself on the business model, first by establishing a fictitious DBA type bank account with your bank) you can link these multiple identity PayPal accounts to your single payment gateway rather than rely solely upon PayPal processing and funding. Think about it this way: You establish yourself with your bank by opening a fictitious business name / sole proprietor checking account using the name Katt Enterprises .... the bank will then issue you an ATM/Debit charge card (either MC or VISA) and provide you with the information of their assigned Gateway for your online use (usually requires a monthly access fee of anywhere between $5 and $15). Next, you create a Premium PayPal Business account (which allows you multiple users, access), and you proceed to set up your multiple users along the lines of "divisions" or "subsidiaries" of Katt Enterprises. Since each domain allows you to set up specific email addresses as you wish, this will fulfill the PayPal requirement that each have different email addresses to maintain.

When any one of these "divisions"/Users get paid, you can then 'share' funding via the gateway your bank provided to you, and effectively funnel all activity to your one account and thus bypass the processing limitations PayPal stipulates of only one personal and one business account. Additionally, your single Premium Business PayPal account will "log" all activity according to each "User" (it will track each "division's" activities separately) making it easier for you to manage your money in realtime as well as EOM.

Just a suggestion.....in case regular business logistics and procedures are still rather unknown.

For more info, visit the Intro page for PayPal Business
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Vasili
        But I think I figured out an easier way...check this out..I'm the one who will be managing the money for both sites. Payment through my PayPal account. I will then take my percentage for management and forward clients share into thier PayPal accounts. Soooooooo...on each of my sites I am posting a statement that reads:
        Payment made through secure PayPal checkout and managed by Katts Connections
        To fix the checkout page name, I went in and changed my business name to Katts Connections. Now when customers go to checkout they will see my business name, but thier item names will let them know they are at the right place, along with my statement on the sites. And I am not allowing "return to shopping" so I don't have to worry about them getting sent to wrong site. You think this will work?
        Thanks again for all your advice.
        katt

Comment

PS:
          And, if the above is too difficult, simply create another unique email alias at each domain you own, and create a "new" personal account after associating a separate credit card along with a different User name and that new email address. For all intents and purposes, your are totally new to PayPal!

EDITED IN>

Sure, it can work, Kathleen....and is seen even in my Enterprise Group: I even have a completely independent OSC cart set up to "collect funds" and payments for every offer made in all my other sites, and better -- I control it (since OSC is a unified cart)!! Instead of "items" I have offers listed, and instead of "categories" I have the different 'Providers' names...LOLOL...(heck of a lot easier than creating a cart in Flash)

Whichever is easier, really.....but it sounds like you might benefit looking into establishing a sole proprietorship/DBA....you can use it for anything and not be stuck in a box, right?

Comment

Vasili,

Not to be spoil sport, but... lol. The problem is returning to the site, and you cant do that. Of course you can have MULTIPLE sites pay into one account, but to return them to your site it wont do. Some storebuilders will then, throw this order out as incomplete, or abandoned. Which is why i didnt go into details because thats what she was originally ASKING.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Well ..... I didn't get that technical as to returning to a page, I suppose.

Seems that the same suggested solutions (with a little tweak of php) worked just fine for our peer in this thread (who was seeking a secondary account in a different language: still in her name, and a different language would be set up just as a subsidary/division would, right?? I mean, she IS returning to her page within the same parent website under a different account, yes?) >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...-new-post.html

Comment

Pssst.. thats still ONE site, Not returning to MULTIPLE sites.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X