X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an additional website

Hi

I would like just like to clarify the process before I go ahead and ruin everything.
    I have created and published one site www.stakeholderstrategies.co.nz. I also have another domain name www.thewholesale-hub registered with godaddy.
    I am about to: go to cpanal addon domains, enter in www.thewholesale-hub.com, password etc.
    Go to goddaddy and get them to set the dns severs to vodahost.

Then I open bluevoda, what do I name my index page? how do I distinguish from my first site?

Also I assume once I publish the second site and type it in the url the site will be under www.thewholesale-hub.com and not www.stakeholderstrategies.co.nz/thewholesale-hub. or anything like that.

Thanks

Re: an additional website

Let's me try to answer:)

<<I have created and published one site www.stakeholderstrategies.co.nz.(site1) I also have another domain name www.thewholesale-hub (site2) registered with godaddy.>>
    I assume that site1 is registered with Vodahostdomains and hosted by Vodahost. What I don't know is do you have to transfer the registration of site2 to Vodahostdomains or not. There is a transfer fee based on the amount of time left with godaddy. You can check by logging into Vodahostdomains (when you bought an account with Vodahost, the registration is free and done by Vodahostdomains).

<<I am about to: go to cpanal addon domains, enter in www.thewholesale-hub.com, password etc.
    Go to goddaddy and get them to set the dns severs to vodahost.>>
    Correct when the above issue is solved (to transfer registration or not).

<<Then I open bluevoda, what do I name my index page? how do I distinguish from my first site?>>
    Name the index page of site2 index.2 or index.sh (or whatever abbreviation you like, to distinguish from your first site)

<<Also I assume once I publish the second site and type it in the url the site will be under www.thewholesale-hub.com and not www.stakeholderstrategies.co.nz/thewholesale-hub. or anything like that.>>
    Correct. Once you publish site2, the url will be www.thewholesale-hub.com
    Site2 will behave like a separate website. Cool huh? :)
    Just make sure that when you publish, type on the folder : public_html/the wholesale-hub, otherwise the files will go to the wrong directories in servers and mess up everything.
    FYI because site2 is addon AND subdomain of site1, therefore you can also access to site2 on the internet by typing www.thewholesale-hub/stakeholderstrategies.co.nz
    But I guess there's no practical use to do that.
    Also, Vodahost allows you to choose which site to be your main by submitting a ticket.
    Good luck to you.
    Quyhurry

Comment

I just took some time to check forum and think that you don't have to tranfer the registration. Check the thread "why transfer"

Re: why tranfer?
      No need to transfer...changing your name servers has the exact same effect.

Comment

Hey thank you so much I cant believe I have no more questions you explained it all. Cheers I'll give it a go.

Comment

Working...
        X