The Blasphemous Teddy Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blasphemous Teddy Bear

I don't know if anybody has been following the news but a British primary school teacher Gillian Gibbons has been arrested in Sudan, accused of insulting Islam's Prophet by letting her class of 7-year-olds name a teddy bear Mohammed.

Click the below....

Hundreds of angry protesters, some waving ceremonial swords from trucks equipped with loud speakers, gathered Friday outside the presidential palace to denounce a teacher whose class named a teddy bear "Mohammed" -- some calling for her execution.

We have nobody to blame but ourselves.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: The Blasphemous Teddy Bear

This stuff makes it hard to decide rather to laugh or cry. People get offered ridiculous amounts of money to go and perform services in these countries because the risk is high. The underpaid secretary who turned her in probably made a pittance of this teachers salary, which makes it look like just old fashioned cat fighting and jealousy with a political interest.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I hate to think like this, but if people are going to be that ignorant and intolerant, I don't think we should bother to try and improve their lives. It does not bode well for the future, but think about the present that woman is having to suffer, only for trying to make their world, as well as ours, a better place.

Comment

Frankly, the headlines and crises that have been brought to light in the last 18 months have made me feel as if I have aged overnight ..... much of the "charm" and special feeling of just being alive on Earth has fizzled, leaving me feel very untrusting of anything outside of my own sphere of influence and very aware of how grumpy and "resigned" I seem to have become for absolutely no good reason whatsoever.

You really do not want to hear my thoughts on things like this or anything else beyond my personal perspectives, for like Glen Beck, I cannot even in the slightest feign "Political Correctness" or effectively hide that fact I am biting my tongue off most of the time out of fear of speaking my mind and freaking people out whom I no longer respect anyway.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

"PC" Sucks! Go ahead, freak 'em out! I am, on a daily basis, forced to keep wonderfully humorous thoughts to myself in fear of "harassing" someone, or at the very least, God forbid, I may hurt their feelings. Don't they make those "Bubbles" for people with fragile feelings?

Comment

Originally posted by mwalsh62 View Post
            Don't they make those "Bubbles" for people with fragile feelings?
            LOLOL....Mike......you're funny!

Yeah, well, you are thinking of a movie from our days when there was still a middle class and everyone had a universal sense of common decency ..... in these days of desperate practicality, that's why we re-activated Guantanimo Bay, you think?

Besides, how do you think it would play to our trying to wean off petroleum based industries if we had to make everyone that needed one a personal plastic bubble??? LOLOLOL (Be cheaper to send them back to their proper country to fend for themselves, courtesy of the Uncle Sam One-Way Shuttle, and allow the rest of us to Vote on ballots in English Only)

Comment

Well...politically incorrect or not, you can never TRULY make a pet of a wild animal. No matter how well fed, that instinct lies burried and someday will bite you. In the case of PC with foreign interests this almost always holds true. No matter the good intent, no matter that their standard of life improves, their pockets get lined, theres bread on the table, it inevitably returns to bite us in the ass! Until they learn to stand up and fight for themselves we will continue fighting a losing battle.
              There will always be innocent victims until the last world war goes down.. then there wont be any victims left.. just survival of the fittest.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by artfuldodger
                the chlidren picked the name of the teddy and NOT the teacher, she wrote letters to the parents to say what name the children had picked,it was a game the children and the teacher was doing and the name the children picked was a class mates name and NOT of their prophet how many muslim people are named after their prophet 100s if not 1000s.
                they have used this woman as a scape goat for the problems the sudanese have with split politics and religion.now what do they do come out in thousands with knives and swords asking for her death,she is a teacher not a dictator who kills thousands of innocent victims.
                If their children are taught the fundamentals of Democracy and free will, it will be hard to talk them into strapping bombs to themselves!

Comment

If their children are taught the fundamentals of Democracy and free will, it will be hard to talk them into strapping bombs to themselves!
                  I tend to side more along the lines of what Karen was hinting at......

Who do you think has been feeding them since WWI? How did they pull themselves up from the rubble that they were left with?
                  The root causes of the "predicament" go back a long, long way ...... for a relatively "new" religion since the formation in the 1400's (which is largely based on the best principles and players of all the other world religions, btw), it seems to be more clearly stumbling upon itself and collapsing from within. It seems much of the extremism is borne from the realization that something drastic has to change, and that rather than change from within (read in here the lack of accountability) the focus has been to redirect it elsewhere ...... typically a sign of desperation.

Comment

Pray to Allah that you are correct! And that Mizzou will win this game I am signing off to watch! Go Tigers! #1!

Catch ya' later,

Comment

Pray to Allah that you are correct!
                      Well, if I recall, I got a B in Apologetics at Trinity College (not my best strength, apparently) ..... but I agree with your perspective: "Tis better to worship the Omniscient than the Lesser"

Whew! Tring real hard not to step on toes in this thread, I tell ya!

Comment

Well thats the trouble in Islamic countries. Not all children are taught, and most often only the very wealthy and royal families. Even more rarely women. Therefore you are dealing with wise men who feed the uneducated, prey upon ceremonial beliefs, tender their meat with paranoia and superstition, and you breed an army of extremist who will not only tie bombs on their backs but will also tie them to their own mother's , children, fathers, wife's back.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Pray to Allah that you are correct! And that Mizzou will win this game I am signing off to watch! Go Tigers! #1!

Catch ya' later,
                          Speakin of Border wars! this whole state has been stupid for two weeks, and half of them are now at the ALAMO! Can i dare hope General Custer will arise and keep half the loonies there? LOLOL>. J/K

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                            Therefore you are dealing with wise men who feed the uneducated, prey upon ceremonial beliefs, tender their meat with paranoia and superstition,
                            There are no warlike people, just warlike leaders.
                            Ralph Bunche

re:"Border War"
                            "Root, Root, Root for the home team, if they don't win it's a shame..." (boo-hoo), I wonder if Gen. Custer would have fared any better had he been at the Alamo?

Comment

She's being released!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X