Required Fields in my form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required Fields in my form

Please go to www.thechevymalibu.com and on my form I want the First Name, email adress, Street adress and zip code to be a required field before the form can be submitted. Can anyone help?

Thank you,
    Alvin Newton
    Alvin Newton
    President
    Newton Digital Marketing
    MTBAlvin******.com

OneShopAuto.com
    TahoeHybrid.com
    TheChevyMalibu.com
    SimpleGirlz.com

Re: Required Fields in my form

BV has Javascript validation for form fields. Double click the field that you want to make Required, and in the dialog box click on Validate. Set it to be required, and set the type of validation you need for each field.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you,

Can you give me an example? say for the Zip code?
      Alvin Newton
      President
      Newton Digital Marketing
      MTBAlvin******.com

OneShopAuto.com
      TahoeHybrid.com
      TheChevyMalibu.com
      SimpleGirlz.com

Comment

Are you talking about the "required" ? just Double click the field, select Validate, and check the "Data Required" checkbox. Then select if that has to be only numbers (so in the validation you set it to be a number) or text . Also, you can set the message that will appear in case of error.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Check it here:

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/PHP/DEFINI%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Thank you, Now I get it!!

I have another question?

Is anybody out there familiar with ADF format? It stands for Auto Dealer Format. It is a type of HTML code.

For example if you goto www.invoicedealers.com and request a price quote for a new car, when you fill out the form it is sent to the dealers ISM tool as a new lead to be followed up with. Most ISM tools do not accept text only ADF. SO that lead can be sent to different ISM tools and get the same data. Any Help??

Thank you,
            Alvin
            Alvin Newton
            President
            Newton Digital Marketing
            MTBAlvin******.com

OneShopAuto.com
            TahoeHybrid.com
            TheChevyMalibu.com
            SimpleGirlz.com

Comment

Not sure what you mean. I suppose that you mean that the info must have a specific format, meaning that all form fields used will need to have, each, a specific name, and that the tool (ISM) that performs the search through the database (not the site database, but on state or national basis) canonly accept the info if the fields used has those specific names.

If that is correct just ask them to provide the necessary instructions on field naming. Usually, such tools, provide a piece of html (or php) code that is used to create the forms in your site with the correct naming.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X