Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create autoresponders confirming PayPal orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create autoresponders confirming PayPal orders?

Hi, I have watched the BV tutorials about PayPal integration and it all looks great. Just wondering:
    1) Can I somehow use BV to set up create order-confirming autoresponder e-mails? This type of e-mail seems like an industry standard in online-shopping customer service, and I wouldn't want to start selling anything online without the ability to confirm for customers what they just bought, how much they paid, etc.

2) When I place a "Buy Now" button in BV, and fill in the URLs of my "Successful Payment" page and my "Cancel Payment" page (both of which I have to publish, of course), how does BV know which of these two pages to serve up after a shopper attempts a purchase?

3) Is the "Cancel Payment" page supposed to be a page telling the shopper that his or her payment did NOT process correctly thru PayPal? Assuming it is, would it be best to tell the customer on that page to contact the seller directly for assistance with their order?

THANK YOU!

Re: Create autoresponders confirming PayPal orders?

Navaldesign, Bethers, Ladyeye . . . or anyone else have a perspective for me on these questions?

Comment

You can do it with the simplicty of using BV by installing ABVFP (General Navaldesign's pefected solution). You can do so many things with it it defies proper description.

If you download it and install it by the numbers, you will surpirise yourself how easy it is and how robust your abilities become.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks, Vasili . . . I clicked on the ABVFP link you provided and then clicked on the link that Naval provided in the thread, but I'm still wondering: Is the ABVFP now "built into" BlueVoda (i.e., whenever one creates a form, are they using the ABVFP?) or is it something I have to download separately? If it's the latter, I am not clear on how to download it (sorry if I'm being dense here; it's my natural mental state).

thanks,
        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jimchicago View Post
          Hi, I have watched the BV tutorials about PayPal integration and it all looks great. Just wondering:
          1) Can I somehow use BV to set up create order-confirming autoresponder e-mails? This type of e-mail seems like an industry standard in online-shopping customer service, and I wouldn't want to start selling anything online without the ability to confirm for customers what they just bought, how much they paid, etc.

Using paypal - paypal sends the purchaser an automated email regarding their purchase details and this is their confirmation, and you too will be notified of the sale and any specific instructions, which may include contacting the purchaser, all areas that need your attention for the paypal integration.

2) When I place a "Buy Now" button in BV, and fill in the URLs of my "Successful Payment" page and my "Cancel Payment" page (both of which I have to publish, of course), how does BV know which of these two pages to serve up after a shopper attempts a purchase?

You've kind of answered your own question here and that is you insert the url of your "cancel payment" page and your "successful payment" page .. you can, if you like, so you do not have to create another page for cancel payment page - you can use the url of your contact page - this will lead the customer there who will contact you regarding cancellation ... the successful payment page is usually a thankyou and perhaps a reminder of your terms and any information you feel the purchaser needs reinforcing on .. and besides - BLUE VODA knows everything, LOL ..

3) Is the "Cancel Payment" page supposed to be a page telling the shopper that his or her payment did NOT process correctly thru PayPal? Assuming it is, would it be best to tell the customer on that page to contact the seller directly for assistance with their order?

THANK YOU!
          Paypal is your merchant and will pretty well handle all of the payment processing issues .. of course you need to be certain they are correct, right ..

And now that you have been notified of the sale, you can send out your automated email to the customer if you like ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks, Ladyeye. I was hoping PayPal would automatically e-mail confirmations of the purchase to both the buyer and me. Only thing I'm a bit unclear on is the last line of your message. Is there a reason why I might want to send an autoresponder to the buyer if PayPal already did it for me? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jimchicago View Post
              Thanks, Ladyeye. I was hoping PayPal would automatically e-mail confirmations of the purchase to both the buyer and me. Only thing I'm a bit unclear on is the last line of your message. Is there a reason why I might want to send an autoresponder to the buyer if PayPal already did it for me? Thanks.

Hi Jim ...

Well this is only my opinion. However, the consumer is receiving an automated email generated from paypal regarding the purchase. So this is the confirmation, however, it is always nice too, to receive, from the seller a confirmation of this as well. I wouldn't suggest an auto-responder type of set up, but instead would suggest a form letter that you issue to all purchasers - you could state, your order has been received and shipment is expected to take place on blah, blah, please telephone us if you have further inquiries, we will notify you with a tracking number and confirmation of shipping date, these types of things - any special words, notices that the consumer may need. I know when I make a purchase somewhere, I actually want to hear from the seller when and how they have sent my item .. hope this helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks, Ladyeye . . . what you're saying makes a lot of sense. Although I tend to think of an online purchase as just a single transaction, it's at least two. So it's just good customer service to have one e-mail (from PP) confirming the payment went through and another (from seller) confirming the order was received and is being processed.

Feel like answering another query? If so have a look at:

thanks,
                --Jim

Comment

Hi Jim ...

I have answered your other query ..

and yes, you have a good point about a single transaction, but that's just me you see, confirm, reassure, be positive ... lol ...

I think it is a good idea, customer relations are important - if they are left wondering - well it's just not worth it right ..

I am a Lady overboard, lol ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X