Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please HELP! - having an issue with google!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please HELP! - having an issue with google!

I have made my site, not all pages are completed but I definitly have my index page up.

Problem is, I have submited to google three weeks ago and nothing!
    I fiddled around yesterday to find out if there was something else I missed.

I used googles manager thingy to try and check my revelant pages thru there verifacation process and it came back with errors stating that I submited an incorrect file format for them to run the verification.

Do I need to make a site map or do I just publish my index page and thats it? If I need to make a site map - can you tell me how in simple novice terms.

Perhaps someone could try and run the check for me and let me know what you think or take a look at my html and see if theres a problem.
    I know the pics are very large files and I will take care of that soon. I also ran my url thru 'sitereportcard.com' and that told me some good errors.

Please help-my business used to thrive off of my site and since I changed to bluevoda I'm broke since Im not on google anymore.

Thanks,
    Brook Laster
    -------------------------------------

"You never fail if you never give up"

Re: Please HELP! - having an issue with google!

Hi Brook,

One page is certainly not enough for Google.

Is Google page rank what it is made out to be?

He is a link for you: continue reading....

Start thinking of content in your webpages.

An index page is a good start. So keep on building your webpages.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Did you change your url? If so, that's a major part of your problem - as you're starting from scratch with the se's.

I just glanced at your site - and find the light blue text on the blue background almost impossible to read - you are close to having the se's think you are hiding text. The light blue text on the white background is hard enough (and I recommend changing also).
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for your replies, and I will make the text darker and eliminate the blue background from the slightly bluer text.(I did that for se purposes and didnt want my clients focusing on that).

I do have several of my main pages made and published, not just an index page. however not all of the pages are completed(ie., some broken links).

I still have no idea why its not showing up on google. I made a new domain for my site, hence the 'go(dash)simplyclean.com as opposed to my old one of 'gosimplyclean.com'.

Please! if someone can look at my html or test it to find out and tell me what and thew heck is wrong!?!?! If you can run it thru googles site manager deal(i keep for geting the offical name of it). that might help.

Thanks a ton!

Brook Laster (AMA #61)

Comment

Try this for a sitemap. Its easy, easy to understand and use. Then upload it via the control panel file manager or blue ftp.

Free Online Google Sitemap Generator. XML-sitemaps.com provides free online sitemap generator service, creating an XML sitemap that can be submitted to Google, Bing and other search engines to help them crawl your website better. It will also generate an HTML site map to allow your website visitors to navigate easier.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by SimplyClean View Post
            ...... I made a new domain for my site, hence the 'go(dash)simplyclean.com as opposed to my old one of 'gosimplyclean.com'......
            Wow, there's a faut pas if ever I saw one. If you still own the original domain - go back to it!

Comment

Well I can see it on Google?
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I used the 'sitemap generator' and that worked for getting on google - now Im last on the list(I no longer own my old domain).

Anyone know when google will crawl next? - I obviously LAST on the list of the many millions of pages when you type "dallas carpet cleaning". I used to be no.6

Thanks alot for your posts so far.

Brook Laster

Comment

Is there a chance you can re buy that domain. Im not sure why you let it go, or if it was attatched somehow elsewhere, but you can repoint the name, even if you arent using the same host. Are you sure its gone?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Im pretty sure, its supposed to belong to my boss(the original owner), Im the co-owner and our agreement was that I could make a website and whatever business I got off of that I could keep the profits. Little did he know that it'd be 85% of ALL our already booming business. Only thing was the agreement was for me to keep the prifits for 1 year then the site would belong to him and the profits would be split(I held my part and turned it over to him).

Now he went and had an SEO company optimize the page and try to get first in the list on goolge. They managed to somehow get us locked out of the domain and server(I think the domain may have been unregistered for a few days and a domain company bought it, but it still has our content and we cant buy it back from anyone).

So Im trying to save our business with the new site www.go-simplyclean.com, I need all the help any of you will give - and I do appreciat everything so far. We are desperate, we were making upwards of $90k a month and now we're hardly making $25k witch sounds like alot but when we look at our finances, we have $38k in truck leases, employee payroll, chemical costs, equipment loans and so on...!

I know this is turning into a sob story but I desperatly NEED to be back in the ranks of google.

If anyone knows when google will crawl next please let me know and if there any other tips you can give I'd be very thankfull.

Thanks,
                    Brook Laster

Comment

Hi Brook,

I feel for you I really do, it sounds like you are in a bit of a situation here and I would love to see you do well from this and get back on track.

But to be honest, no one can tell you when Google will spider you and what the results will be, only Google know this but it's usually very frequent.

However, and please do not take offence at this, as I am telling you this because this is the reason why you are not and probably will not get that site good positioning within the SE.s....

Your site content is very poor, you have far far too much text on every page, it is not well laid out and it is very repeated and confusing to all your potential customers.

On top of this you have gone against every single rule Google put upon all us webmasters. To name but a few... Your pages are far far too over meta keyworded, your page titles are poor and will not do you any favours.

This site needs a total revamp if you want to get back your loss of business and get the site working for you at the level you desire.

As I say please do NOT take offence... I mean well... and I am sure the likes of Bethers, who is admired and respected by us all here will back up my comments.

I just don't want you to be sitting around waiting for something which in it's present state is just not going to, sorry.
                      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thread Closed

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X