Thoughts on 100% Width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on 100% Width

i am using a 100% width property on a site im working on. what are your thoughts? http://coop.beta.azuredesign.ca/

Re: Thoughts on 100% Width

That's good! The best way to make it bud!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

It's fine for me but then my screen settings allow me to see the whole site with no sideways scroll. There will however be many others that can't and there are still many users on 800 x 600 screen settings and they WILL definitely have a side scroll to see your site.

By the way, on my browser your top links are too high and not central within your top bar. I am looking at it in IE7

In Firefox it looks fine. But there are more IE users than FF so you need to address this.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Pretty good use of an auto-fill template ..... the only drawback is the limitations on images placed in main areas of the pages: the auto-flow of text is seamless, but often it creates such a huge imbalance on image layout it often seems better to go static.

Using gizmos and effects for the most part detract from true user metrics that are unilaterally valued, and do more to stifle real visitor interaction that most are aware of (a great entertainment value, but a poor conversion method). I hope your "client" has been apprised of this....

The original issue: for static sites, max width is still 800 wide (used to be 765). It will be years yet before the majority of users evolves to 1024x768 which will allow 900 wide sites to be the new norm.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

alright, thank you. it is still a work in progress, and i will get to fixing it in IE *curse IE*. I've just been testing in safari opera and firefox, no ie for mac...

are you saying i should switch it to an 800 wide?

Comment

It is a pain that some people are still far behind with today's technology and still viewing at 800 x 600 but if you don't want any sideward scroll then yes it would be better. There are many webmasters now adventuring to 1000 wide despite the need of the minority but it's entirely your choice.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by azuredesign View Post
              are you saying i should switch it to an 800 wide?
              Originally posted by Vasili View Post
              The original issue: for static sites, max width is still 800 wide (used to be 765). It will be years yet before the majority of users evolves to 1024x768 which will allow 900 wide sites to be the new norm.
              Take it from someone who really knows!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X