Published home page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Published home page.

At first I was having problems uploading to my server. Username and password was my problem. I received great customer service from Brad in billing support. I was able to transfer files through ftp manager on bv.
    Now I wanted to only test my index page and published it to see how it would look when I type up my domain www.smallbizunite.net. When I type my domain all I get is the index along with parent directory and other subdomain folders I created. I believe I configured the links correctly after viewing the tutorials as well as making page names.
    When I went back to the control panel and went to my index file and clicked index.html it asked me to download the file and when I did that and ran it, my navigation bar didn't display correctly. Rather it displayed the url name I gave them. I have the navigation button set with mouseover and I noticed or believe that is an active x because every time I wanted to preview the page the banner on top of ie asks me if I want to allow it.
    What am I doing wrong? My id is 19666. Need help! Thank you
    Diane
    www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Re: Published home page to test. not working!

Make sure you save your page as index. Publish it and it should work when you type in www.smallbizunite.net
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Re: Published home page.

Hello Jeremy. When you say save my page as index you are talking about the bluevoda website builder, right? If so then I did. The I in lowercase as said on the tutorial but still no dice. I might have to just delete all folders and start from the beginning. Somewhere I obviously did something wrong but don't know what it is.

Diane
      Diane
      www.smallbizunite.net

Comment

You might have played around with the Page Properties and changed .html to .php so now everytime your page is publishing its publishing as index.php and not .html.

Confusing?
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Looks as though you have your webpage up .. but appears you are having difficulty with the image view of your nav bar .. try reinserting this and republishing.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
            You might have played around with the Page Properties and changed .html to .php so now everytime your page is publishing its publishing as index.php and not .html.

Confusing?

Very confusing lol but I think I'm slowly getting the idea. I finally got my homepage to work but now my nav bar is having issues. I have it set up where the arrow goes over it changes with mouseover but it's not displaying the buttons properly. It shows the names I have for them but not the actual button itself. Do you might know anything about that? Your help is appreciated. Thanks
            Diane
            www.smallbizunite.net

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
              Looks as though you have your webpage up .. but appears you are having difficulty with the image view of your nav bar .. try reinserting this and republishing.
              Finally! It only took me forever to figure it out. lol. I've tried everything for the navbar and don't know what the deal is. When I preview the page I have a bar that says that page uses active x and when I click ok on that the mouseover works fine but when I publish it no dice. Do you believe it may have something to do with active x? If so I see there is a button for that but there is so much to choose from I don't know which one it would fall under. Do you know at all? Thanks
              Diane
              www.smallbizunite.net

Comment

Hmm.. You probably didn't install BlueVoda correctly because those mouse over images should upload with ease. They are included with the program unless the path to those images isn't working..
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hmm.. You probably didn't install BlueVoda correctly because those mouse over images should upload with ease. They are included with the program unless the path to those images isn't working..
                  path? Is there a way to trace it from bluevoda. I believe I installed bv correctly. When I go to preview the page it tells me that my page has active x and i have to click the banner to approve it but when I type my domain url after publishing I don't get the same banner that says it has active x. It just loads up. Do you think it has something to do with that and if it does, do you know what I need to do?

Diane
                  Diane
                  www.smallbizunite.net

Comment

Originally posted by StrictlyBusiness View Post
                    path? Is there a way to trace it from bluevoda. I believe I installed bv correctly. When I go to preview the page it tells me that my page has active x and i have to click the banner to approve it but when I type my domain url after publishing I don't get the same banner that says it has active x. It just loads up. Do you think it has something to do with that and if it does, do you know what I need to do?

Diane

You can check on your computer files to see if your nav buttons are there ...

go to C://ProgramFiles/BlueVoda/NavBars

You could also log into your control panel and choose hot link protection icon and go inside and be sure your domain name is listed in this list, if not add it .. this may also be a problem you are experiencing ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                      You can check on your computer files to see if your nav buttons are there ...

go to C://ProgramFiles/BlueVoda/NavBars

You could also log into your control panel and choose hot link protection icon and go inside and be sure your domain name is listed in this list, if not add it .. this may also be a problem you are experiencing ...
                      Hi LadyEye. Ok I think I might know what problem was causing that but will verify to see if my suspicions are true. See when I made my page I was using the form to use different colors on my page and where I had my business name and the nav bar on it, it was showing my url names I created. Well I deleted that and changed form into layer then replaced the business name and navbar over the layer then republished the page and now it displays. It was the form I used that caused that problem?
                      I have one more question Lady. Ok after I publish the page and I check the file manager, it shows index.html as well as the .gif. Is that how it's suppose to be or is there a way to put .gif in a folder without causing any problems? I tried to put .gif in the index.html and shows only one button on the whole page when I try to reload my domain url. So I know that doesn't work. The reason I ask is when I publish my other pages I want to know which goes to which so I don't create more of a mess for myself. I know I am making all this harder than it actually is lol. Sorry about that and thank you for your help.

Diane
                      Diane
                      www.smallbizunite.net

Comment

Hi Diane...

Glad you have that sorted, yes if you move things around this can happen ...

Your .gif image landed in the correct place, since you published all that was on that page to public_html directory .. everything will land in there ... it is no problem with the images being in there, only if you find you will have thousands you might want to make some sort of file system for your images only .. but if this doesn't seem necessary, you are fine the way you are. The images do need to stay where they are put or you will lose site of them on your webpage if you go moving them around ...

If you did just want to make one folder to hold your images within your public_html directory - you could make a folder called images - then you would upload via the ftp method, all of your images to this folder ... You then would link to your image as opposed to inserting it on the page and publishing .. the link would look like http://domainname.com/images/nameofimage.gif

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok great! Thanks a Bunch!
                          Diane
                          www.smallbizunite.net

Comment

Hey,

Sorry when I posted you seemed to have posted right before me so I never saw the post saying you finally clicked on the warning thing in E.I.
                            Best regards,
                            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hey,

Sorry when I posted you seemed to have posted right before me so I never saw the post saying you finally clicked on the warning thing in E.I.
                              Hi Jeremy. It's fine. Everything has in order now and found the issue that was causing problems for me. Thank you for your help.
                              Diane
                              www.smallbizunite.net

Comment

Working...
                              X